Thread: One Month Today! Hi All! page

memecheryl is offline Junior Member

One Month Today! Hi All!

Shop Now
    Yes, I went primal one month ago after eating my last homemade whole wheat, chocolate chip, walnut, pumpkin muffin for breakfast. Since that morning, I've not had any grains or legumes. I did have one pecan praline about 2 weeks ago and it was yummy, but entirely too sweet. Other than that praline, I've had no sugar or honey either. I started eating quite primal, purchasing grass-fed beef and pork from a local butcher and mostly organic veggies and fruits. I do have a bit of organic heavy cream in my coffee and my homemade plain yogurt a couple times per week. I ordered and read Mark's book. I also have the primal cookbook and the quick and easy cookbook - both very good and helpful. In the one month time, I've lost 10 pounds and several inches...those smaller size jeans in my closet are fitting wonderful these days. I started this weighing 144 and now weigh 134! At 51 years of age, it's been more difficult the past few years to lose any great amount of weight...until now! I feel very good, sleep great, have lots more energy, clearer thinking, very little carb crash feeling, no more stomach/intestinal upset. I do not miss grains/legumes/sugar at all. The extra saturated fat at mealtime is keeping me satisfied between meals and I'm not constantly munching. For exercise I've been riding my bicycle around the neighborhood 4 to 5 times per week for 45 to 60 minutes at a time....slow and steady. I purchased a child's bike seat for my bike and a little helmet to strap my little daycare boy in that seat and take off. He and I are very much enjoying the fresh air, sunshine, and I love the gentle exercise. I've read lots here, learned much from you all and am very motivated to continue! Many thanks!
    Memecheryl

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you are doing it right. Add lifting some heavy things and you are good to go.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

memecheryl is offline Junior Member
    Thanks! I do lift a 30 lb., 14 month boy many times per day. My son's weights are in the garage...I'll check them out and see what's right for me.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Kids will keep you active that is for sure. Just choose a good progressive freeweight or bodyweight program.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!