Thread: Really hot after eating cheese...? page

Really hot after eating cheese...?

Shop Now
    Hi everyone

Last night I ate a reasonable sized portion of camembert cheese (just over a quarter of one of the round cheeses) after dinner and an hour or so later I felt really hot. In particular, my feet were roasting. Normally at night time I have freezing feet so it was a big change! So much so that my husband was shocked when he felt them.

I'm just wondering what mechanism may have caused it. I've not been eating dairy for the past month or so as I've been trying to work out if I have a dairy intolerance and I think I've discovered that I do. I had some cheese on two evenings last week and last night. Each time I've felt quite nauseous not long after and my stomach has been gurgling away in a not too content way. Therefore, I'm wondering if the heat reaction could be the result of some sort of intolerance/allergy reaction but I'm not even sure if that is possible? Does anyone know?

My other thought is that maybe it was just my body ramping up my metabolism to burn of the extra fuel from the cheese. However, I don't remember having such a reaction to other large, calorie rich meals and it really was a "put the furnace on super high" type reaction that seems a bit extreme to burn a wee bit extra over night.

I'm 27, female, 65kg, 5'8" and pretty active. I eat fairly close to 100% primal these days and have been primal for over a year.

Any thoughts from anyone would be great!
    Thanks
    KT

Sugar is my nicotine...

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaoticturtle View Post
    Hi everyone

Last night I ate a reasonable sized portion of camembert cheese (just over a quarter of one of the round cheeses) after dinner and an hour or so later I felt really hot. In particular, my feet were roasting. Normally at night time I have freezing feet so it was a big change! So much so that my husband was shocked when he felt them.

I'm just wondering what mechanism may have caused it. I've not been eating dairy for the past month or so as I've been trying to work out if I have a dairy intolerance and I think I've discovered that I do. I had some cheese on two evenings last week and last night. Each time I've felt quite nauseous not long after and my stomach has been gurgling away in a not too content way. Therefore, I'm wondering if the heat reaction could be the result of some sort of intolerance/allergy reaction but I'm not even sure if that is possible? Does anyone know?

My other thought is that maybe it was just my body ramping up my metabolism to burn of the extra fuel from the cheese. However, I don't remember having such a reaction to other large, calorie rich meals and it really was a "put the furnace on super high" type reaction that seems a bit extreme to burn a wee bit extra over night.

I'm 27, female, 65kg, 5'8" and pretty active. I eat fairly close to 100% primal these days and have been primal for over a year.

Any thoughts from anyone would be great!
    Thanks
    KT
    Could be it's taking a lot energy for your body to digest, increasing heat. Just my thoughts.