View Poll Results: Should you eat an apple daily?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 24.39%
  • No

31 75.61%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should you eat an apple daily? page

FDgreen is offline Member

Cool Should you eat an apple daily?

Primal Fuel
    Simple yes or no poll...

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    You shouldn't eat an apple daily, especially not a big apple; but that doesn't mean you should never eat an apple ...

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    Good poll.
    I say 'no way'. Marks Daily apple is more of a catchy metaphor in my view... sort of a twist on the traditional saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away!"

1 large apple has 31 grams of sugar and over 15g of fructose.
    An apple on occasion is okay, though berries are better and metabolically trashed individuals (it's a technical term) would do better without.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    If we are talking old-school primal apples in the days of Grok, then yes!
    I grok, therefore I am.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Most days I do find myself eating a small apple and some berries as fruit. Emphasis on small. Some Grok apples would be interesting but they would be more glucose than fructose and essentially crab apples. I wonder about the paleo banana

http://www.kaciula.ro/blog/wp-conten...ild-banana.jpg

Blarg. I don't even know if I would eat that stuff. Modern frankenfruit is just so good I don't think I could get used to it. The other day my apples tasted like cream soda. Perhaps it's time to limit fruit to just berries.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    While an apple a day for breakfast would be much better than the bagel/donut/bowl of cereal/HFCS-injected low-fat yogurt that MOST people start off their day with, I'm gonna go with "no" on this one.
    Most apples have a pretty high sugar content, so they are special treats to be enjoyed once in a while

misathemeb is offline Member
    i'd say no. personally, i eat 1/2 apple (if it's large) or 1 medium apple every couple days or so. i eat blueberries now and then during the week if we have them but honestly that's about it for my fruit consumption. my veggie intake is more important to me

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I voted yes, but I'd say the answer is (and should be) different for different people. I'm actively looking for ways to bump my carbs up a bit -- more with starches than with fruits, though. More than half an apple (unless it's a very small one) usually upsets my stomach.

So, I guess my vote means "have some fruit daily if you're in maintenance and like it and are burning plenty of glycogen."
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

bruce.b is offline Member
    Yes, but take a knife and cut off the peel leaving maybe 1/4 inch of flesh attached. Feed the apple to the wildlife and eat the peel.
    bruce b.

GaGrokie is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm voting no even though I do love apples. They don't really have that much vitamin C or fibre and they are not a good source of other vitamins like bananas are with B6 and potassium and folic acid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast