Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Threaded View

Question What am I doing wrong?

I think that I am doing something wrong with my diet as my weight loss has stalled...Granted, I am only 3 pounds from my target, but my REAL target is to change my body composition I seem to be stalled there as well. I figure that I am not getting enough calories for my activity level (I do that), or getting too many carbs, or too much fat, or some combination of the three.

I am 5'3, 129 pounds and am 53 years old. I do very high intensity group training at my gym 3 times a week that utilizes a combination of metcon, compound lifting, cardio, and fitness games. I also ride my bike when the weather and my body permits, and also mountain bike or hike. I've lost about as much weight as I currently weigh (very cool, that) via the CW approach.

I average between 1,500 - 2,000 calories daily. According to Cronometer the past 8 weeks I've averaged right at 1,700 calories with an average net intake of 1,450 calories (I track everything to keep me honest). Of course net calories is only an approximation - though I do use a HRM for all gym and riding activities - though HRM estimation of calories burned is an approximation as well.

Average macros for the past 8 weeks:

Fat - 61.8%
    Protein - 23.6%
    Carbs - 16.2% (corrected typo)

Does anything look really off here? With my activity level I don't really want to drop my carbs too much more - and my protein intake is about half way between the 1-gram/lb lean body weight and the 1 gram per lb of body weight.

I've pretty much cut all dairy out of my diet, I don't even think about the "20%", I feel too good to cheat outside of one beer every week or so - no more frequently than that and it is unusual that I have more than one.

Last edited by Catrin; 11-08-2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: correcting typo