Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm lifting at 47. 53 is not old at all. I fully expect myself to be backpacking into my 80s.
    I meant doing HITs 3x a week when I'm 50.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    If you are looking to just reduce fat then would not a 24 -36 hour fast once every couple of weeks be a good way to burn some extra fat?

I'm suprised no-one has mentioned it so far, but what you are eating is working for you as you feel good and are maintiang a good activity level, so I would have though IF on an easy day would work really well for you.
    I've a problem in that my body adapted so well to very restricted calories at a high activity level for so long that I don't feel hunger pangs - unless I literally start myself for a protracted period. I finally started giving my body enough calories this year (I increased my caloric intake by > 50% and immediately lost ~10 pounds). Frankly, I am afraid of trying IF. I feel like I am no longer at war with my food and I don't want to mess with that balance.

My BF% was right at 22-23% the last time it was checked (in September). I've some fat to lose...but it is ok if I don't reach some magic number. I just want to get rid of as much of my belly fat as I can for health reasons. I probably don't sleep quite enough, and there are days when my stress levels are too high. Perhaps it is time to start working on those things...

Apparently what I was doing wrong was not complaining about my plateau. This morning I stepped on the scales for my weekly weigh-in and I am down by a touch over 2 pounds from last week I am just a little over a pound from my original target weight so I am happy.

I appreciate the comments on my macros, it is hard to figure out what works for my body and to not over-think things. I still think I need to try and get a bit more sleep (I average between 6-7 hours), and to watch my stress levels. I will know for sure in early December what is going on with my body fat % so I think I want to leave my food alone and focus on sleep and stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I appreciate the comments on my macros, it is hard to figure out what works for my body and to not over-think things. I still think I need to try and get a bit more sleep (I average between 6-7 hours), and to watch my stress levels. I will know for sure in early December what is going on with my body fat % so I think I want to leave my food alone and focus on sleep and stress.
    That sounds like a great idea. Stress can be a huge factor. I also have to agree about switching up the frequent cardio for heavy lifting. If you want to change your body composition, you need to lift heavy weights.

Shop Now
    To overcome a plateau in your diet you may try to cycle in two days per week where you goes very low on calories, in your case around 600-700 kcal. A proteinfast(PSMF) on Monday and Thursday could make things start to happen again to get rid of the last stubborn bodyfat…
    Last edited by Gorbag; 11-09-2012 at 06:13 AM.