Thread: Primal Journal~Laurel730~ page

Laurel730 is offline Member

Smile Primal Journal~Laurel730~

Primal Fuel
    So far this is my first week on the primal diet, I used to have a major carb addiction to where all I would eat is carbs, cookies, candies, pasta and you name it. I noticed I would gain weight in a matter of days EVEN IF I was exercising a lot. I made a connection that grains=bad. My teacher actually got me started when she noticed i gained weight faster than a train can blow it's horn. She told me to try not eating bread, pasta, corn, potatoes, and beans for 30 days to see how you feel. I was like WHAT!!?? Now I am losing weight pretty fast. I'm happy I found this site, it has made my journey that much more easy. Typically for breakfast I eat eggs and blueberries. Today i had Greek honey yogurt and a handful of macadamia nuts and an apple. I wasn't really hungry for a snack but for lunch I had a nice big salad with mixed greens (amaranth, frisee, arugula and some other ones I dont know the name of that are delicous anyways), cherry tomatoes, cucumbers for crunch, purple cauliflower florets, a couple more macadamia nuts, fresh mozzarella balls and topped with greek dressing with no sugar added just herbs and garlic. It was yummy with a variety of textures and tastes.

Blorton is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Just make sure you are eating plenty of fats.

Thank you for the welcome yea, most of my fat sources are from nuts, meat, oil, and goat milk. I was just reading how fat is essential to every cell in our body and doesn't make us fat. Please give me suggestions since I'm new, they are greatly appreciated!

I absolutely love pan fried vegetables in organic pasture butter =] I pan fry yellow squash, asparagus, green beans and Brussels sprouts, mmmm hmmmm!

Blorton is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, that sounds tasty! I've been using a steamer and adding butter afterwards cause I'm lazy.

Last week I failed my diet, stress and low will power got the best of me. Everyone at work offers me food that are starchy and a few times i resisted but i couldn't then on. I also felt like I was going to faint at gym. I'm new to all this and maybe I'm not doing something right but I will keep trying. I'm 157 and I want to go back down to 115 where I should be! I am thinking of starting my morning with cottage cheese and berries and then have an egg as a snack and my lunch being a salad and dinner chicken or fish dish with veggies.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wonder if you are eating enough? I think it's easy to hang onto the conventional 'calorie restriction' habits, even subconsiously.

I also read somewhere that we should have more protein earlier in the day. Maybe save a bit of dinner's chicken to have the next morning?