Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whey protein shakes page 2

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You are dehydrated, drink water. Also taurine is a stimulant, like in red bull, so that's probably not helping.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

ksowayan is offline Junior Member
    It can't be dehydration. I drink plenty during the course of my workout. Usually two bottles. Maybe the taurine stimulant?

Oh well. this whey protein stuff is more of a pain in the butt and head than it is worth. I'll just have a couple burger patties instead.

astragalus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksowayan View Post
    I've been using those low carbohydrate whey protein shakes as a nutritional supplement after workouts but they tend to give me mild headaches. Any ideas why? I have no allergies.
    You probably have a "hidden allergy" to dairy products such as whey and that's causing your headaches.

I would recommend just getting your protein from food or getting a different protein supplement such as brown rice protein or hemp protein. This article here is an excellent resource on high protein foods and supplements: High Protein Foods You've Never Heard AboutThe Superman Diet

Also I would recommend reading the book "Ultramind Solution" by Mark Hyman to understand hidden allergies better as many people have a hidden allergy to dairy, gluten and sugar

Quote Originally Posted by astragalus View Post
    You probably have a "hidden allergy" to dairy products such as whey and that's causing your headaches.

I would recommend just getting your protein from food or getting a different protein supplement such as brown rice protein or hemp protein. This article here is an excellent resource on high protein foods and supplements: High Protein Foods You've Never Heard AboutThe Superman Diet

Also I would recommend reading the book "Ultramind Solution" by Mark Hyman to understand hidden allergies better as many people have a hidden allergy to dairy, gluten and sugar
    Thank you for the information!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12