Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I get stronger a little faster? page 3

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    I'm assuming this is some version of the Starting Strength program, not sure. If not, some of this will still apply.

Food: this has been explained in detail by the other people in this thread
    Intensity: your sets should be getting harder (as in feeling harder, not just higher numbers)
    Rest periods: Ripptoe says up to 5 min. Get bored between sets.
    Lifestyle: in the words of famous strength coach Dan John...

you must master “resting.” I know that there is this urge to do this and that and this after every workout, but for a mass building program you must learn that cardio is changing channels with the remote. If you don’t sleep eight plus hours a night, it is going to impact your mass gains. Many famous bodybuilders have advocated the “Muscle Nap,” a long nap in the afternoon to simple gain muscle. Remember, you grow while you rest. Pick up basketball games are not rest!

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    how much do you weigh?
    161lbs
    well then

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Yeah I just looked up your pics (and of course your six pack thread)....

Dude, like double what you're eating. If your not eating massive amounts of food your testicles will shrink. Drink your gallon of milk a day; milk is for baby mammals, and you are a baby mammal.

When you run out of milk eat anything else you can find; including smaller, weaker children. If they are too strong to kill and eat; use that as motivation to get stronger, then repeat.
    5000 cals not enough? It's all meat, vegs, fruit, and milk. More meat or fruit would get too expensive, I don't like milk but I'll add another liter of it
    well then

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    in most categories you fall in to the "novice" category. which, well, you are a novice. you're also recovering from having a severely malnourished and damaged body. which probably screwed up your testosterone production. your progress so far has been really amazing though. and you are doing a great job. just stick to what you are doing and you will get stronger. i think 5000 calories is enough. i mean, if you are feeling hungry, then eat more. but that seems about right for someone your age/weight/activity level. i wouldn't eat less if i were you though

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123