Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I get stronger a little faster? page 2

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Pretty much all good advice above. A couple things:

1) You're 15, you aren't going to get all that strong, yet. I left HS at 6'2" and 148lbs. I've since gained about 40lbs of muscle.
    2) Your Press is actually you best lift relatively.
    3) Deload only when you've missed a lift more than twice, and then only 10%. So if you miss a rep or two on squats, just go back next time and do the same lift. If you miss it again, then maybe deload 10%.
    4) Micro weights, get some chain and a carbiner (google for directions)

I couldn't get bigger than about 150 lbs until I was 22, don't sweat it too much.
    I am gaining weight though, i gained like 40 lbs so far. It's mostly not fat, but if it were muscle it would't make sense because I'd me much stronger wouldn't I? It's almost like I gained 40lbs of heart tissue
    Billie trips balls

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    How did you deload 50lbs then?

Also is your body fat increasing? If not eat MOAR [thanks Sbhikes =) ].
    That was because I realized my form was off and I saw my form could only be fixed if I deloaded with 50 lbs. My body fat is increasing I guess, but very slowly my abs are still visible (as far as I have abs)
    Billie trips balls

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    That was because I realized my form was off and I saw my form could only be fixed if I deloaded with 50 lbs. My body fat is increasing I guess, but very slowly my abs are still visible (as far as I have abs)
    Ok that makes sense. Sounds like your diet is in the right ballpark. Your best bet is to try and maintain your linear progress as best you can. Make sure you don't have Fuckarounditis

Make some micro weight and get the linear progress going even if it's only 1lb per session. Given your age your recovery times should be really quick and you should have no problems keeping that up for a while.

Remember consistency is key!
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

wiltondeportes Guest
    My best advice is to join whatever the equivalent of an American football team is over there. Be on a team that lifts weights 5 days a week. Competition is what you need. Iron sharpens iron. The coaches will also teach you a lot about weight lifting.

You might have your own opinions on body image, but I'm telling you: Women want the guy with the most strength, not the guy who's cute little abs can be seen. So who effin' cares if you have a little belly. All you should care about is the weight you're putting up (and other athletic measurements of course).
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 11-07-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    How much do you weigh? How much did you weigh when you started?

How much added to your lifts since you began?

You could just be hitting the end of your beginner gains. Of course, being 15, you will still be able to make massive progress. Go to the starting strength wiki and read up on Rippetoe's recommendations about deloading etc since SS is his program.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    You don't have a gram of fat on you Gadsie, at least not any that's visible in your last photo on the progress pics thread.
    Patience and persistence, my friend. And eat more, guys your age are supposed to be bottomless pits :-D
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Gadsie, you definitely need to gain more weight, you may have gained a lot, but you are still extremely slim. Your strength will increase as you gain the muscle and frame needed to support lifting increasing weights and sets.

Are you lifting daily and not taking time off?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I just looked up your pics (and of course your six pack thread)....

Dude, like double what you're eating. If your not eating massive amounts of food your testicles will shrink. Drink your gallon of milk a day; milk is for baby mammals, and you are a baby mammal.

When you run out of milk eat anything else you can find; including smaller, weaker children. If they are too strong to kill and eat; use that as motivation to get stronger, then repeat.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

wiltondeportes Guest
    Yeah I just looked up your pics (and of course your six pack thread)....

Dude, like double what you're eating. If your not eating massive amounts of food your testicles will shrink. Drink your gallon of milk a day; milk is for baby mammals, and you are a baby mammal.

When you run out of milk eat anything else you can find; including smaller, weaker children. If they are too strong to kill and eat; use that as motivation to get stronger, then repeat.
    I agree with this. I've always eaten like a bear in October (not long after, my impression is a bear November thru March), and I've always gained easily. More calories raise your metabolism, which raises your hormones. Plus if you're working out hard, your body will need those extra nutrients.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    how much do you weigh?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast