Thread: Carbohydrate content charts? page

emilyvvv is offline Junior Member

Carbohydrate content charts?

Shop Now
    Hello all! I found this chart via google, what do you think of its accuracy? It's pretty comprehensive, which I like. I know Mark had a link to a less-comprehensive chart in one of his articles somewhere... I couldn't find it though.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/NutritionalChart.htm

Also, if any of you have a better chart or just one you use regularly, please post it! I would love more sources... i have been very primal, and seen great results, but I have never counted carbs... which I am considering starting to do to get even more dramatic results!

Thanks!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    After years and years as a calorie counter, I find it easiest just to use the various food logging web sites to count carbs, rather than trying to search through a chart and then convert manually to whatever serving I'm choosing to eat.

I like SparkPeople and TheDailyPlate (now part of livestrong.com), although TDP used to be crazy slow on my work computer for no obvious reason. I didn't like FitDay but a lot of other people do. If you want to look up foods without logging them, nutritiondata.com is good, and calorieking.com has pretty much every commercial (packaged or restaurant) food for which information exists. If you wanted something handy to carry with you, calorieking has been putting out a pocket guide for years, it's usually decent.