Thread: Good online source for some holiday meats? page

slee11211 is offline Junior Member

Good online source for some holiday meats?

Primal Fuel
    Hoping to draw on some research and experience here...need to travel to a place that I am not familiar with at Thanksgiving. My family plans all meals far in advance, so I can't just show up and go looking for the right meat (with all the qualifications, no hormone, no nitrate, free roaming, etc). I am wondering if anyone knows an online source where I could purchase a spiral cut ham, butt roast and some great bacon to have shipped to my family home ahead of my arrival (a great pork resource - but not where you buy the whole pig!). I would be looking for quality, and has to be with all the bells and whistles to make it worth what it will undoubtedly cost to ship! This is one time I am willing to do this, or it will be weekly special supermarket meat all week!!

Thanks for any recommendations!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think this place might be too much for such a short term need, but here goes: Fine Foods in Bulk | Marx Foods Wholesale Online

What about putting your own box together from your usual sources, then overnighting it to your parents' home?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I think this place might be too much for such a short term need, but here goes: Fine Foods in Bulk | Marx Foods Wholesale Online

What about putting your own box together from your usual sources, then overnighting it to your parents' home?
    Marx is good. I have used them before. Another one is Grande Natural Meats, website ElkUSA.com

williamholt is offline Junior Member
    There are so many online services available in the internet.You can use them.But try o choose some best services for your use.Because so many fake services also available in online web.Try to avoid them.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Marx is good. I have used them before. Another one is Grande Natural Meats, website ElkUSA.com
    Paleo, Marx is much more expensive than US Wellness for grass fed bison. US Wellness distributes Wild Idea bison, not sure of Marx' source. Have you used US Wellness? How does it compare to Marx? Thanks.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Paleo, Marx is much more expensive than US Wellness for grass fed bison. US Wellness distributes Wild Idea bison, not sure of Marx' source. Have you used US Wellness? How does it compare to Marx? Thanks.
    The only thing I bought from Marx was kangaroo meat so it was crazy expensive (but very tasty). I didn't really compare other items. I have never used USWM but they seem to be very popular around here.