Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Alice Eats (and lifts weights, and walks, but mostly eats and plays). page 4

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Got up too late and it rained all day.
    100 sun-salutations down, will see if I have time for more later!
    Pull-up-bar time in a few.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Today I broke a personal record with 175g of fat.

Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 granny smith apple, 30g mixed nuts and dried fruit, 100g yoghurt, 50ml double cream, 50g almond butter.
    Snack: 1 banana.
    Post-workout (saved a little for pudding after dinner, but MOSTLY post workout): 100g yoghurt, 50g almond butter.
    Dinner: 7 rashers of bacon (thin ones, not huge ones, so about 150g) and 3 eggs, fried in butter (butter not factored into daily fat).
    Total:
    -2322kcal
    -175g fat
    -96g protein
    -99g carbs

Only 4 cups of total water (meaning teas, milk, water, coffee and stuff in soups and stews), so I'll have to drink more. Last time I ate this much fat I dehydrated the next day, so I know my thirst-response can mess up a bit. Will get 6-8 total fluids in, to be sure.

Workout:
    1x5 20kg (10 each hand, weight doesn't count bars, which are about 1kg each) dumbbell squats
    2x5 25kg dumbbell squats
    1x5 30kg dumbbell squats (a few repeated reps, will stick to 25 to avoid back rounding, though)
    3x10 "downunder" pull-ups
    25 situps
    So not working to exhaustion, as I need focus for an essay, but giving some of my weaker muscles a bit of a hard time.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Correction: I actually got in 179g on 2241kcal on the 9th. Missed that. Not beat my personal record yet.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Stressed as f***. Tried to do a 3x30 workout. It's like my muscles are all gone. Couldn't do ONE standard press-up and after 7 downunder pullups I felt the way I usually do after 25.

Can't wait until exams are over, I'm sleeping better and whatever magical elf stole my muscle strength gives it back to me.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Just over a pint of cheap cider and a pile of dairy = not a happy tummy.

A bit better now that bacon and fried potato has gone in, though.

Not much activity, as studying, but may play with the pullup bar later.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Stress has gone since exams ended, by the way. Much more relaxed and happier.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Blood test results in (fasting and from Monday):
    -Cholesterol: 5.4mmol/l (high end of healthy)
    -trigs: 0.9mmol/l (optimal)
    -B12: 500pg/ml (optimal)
    -Folate: 14.4ng/ml
    (slightly high)
    -D3: 12.3ng/ml ("normal", but medically low)

Sadly they didn't do HDL vs LDL, but that's normal for the NHS, especially when it's a young person and the overall cholesterol reads normal. The "no further questions" policy.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Macros have moved around quite a bit. I used to sit around 1800kcal whatever I did, then started needing 2500kcal on workout days.
    Now my body is using about 2000kcal on lazy days, 2500 on weighted-walking days, 3000 on weighted walking + workout days, 2800 on workout days and sometimes will use 2500 on recovery days too. Fat averages 150-200g/day and carbs are up on exercise days. Feeling just as good as before though. So unless I start to get chubby, I'll just let the body do its thing.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

You know you're primal when you wake up to an itchy feeling in your bed and it isn't crumbs, but a chicken-bone shard... ^^;

After a long trip on a coach, made mildly annoying by a particularly loud toddler sat a seat across from me, I had a chunk of chicken pre-bed and went to sleep. The long walk home and a very good rest has helped my body stretch out after 5 hours of sitting pretty still, thankfully, so I'm ready for the day. Well-rested and full of veg curry and cold roast beef. Yum, yum!

For those who don't know, I'm working a log of my year, to show how beneficial primal is to me. It includes: kcal, fat, protein, carbs and water per day; temperature, clothing and heating; normal activity: walking, weighted-walking and moving heavy stuff counted, but not any walks under 15min or any routine activities; workouts: squats, shrugs, pullovers, pullups, pushoffs, pressups, situps, yoga...etc; positive aspects: getting some sunlight, physical contact, good rest...; negative aspects: ingesting some toxins, illness, injury... and how much food comes into the house, as well as what kind. I'm also noting general health: blood-tests and dr visits, along with monthly measurements: weight, body fat, widths...
    Said log is going well. Making a chart of typical foods (2 fried eggs, 100g yoghurt, an apple, 100g bacon...) is proving very helpful in quickly tracking my kcal intake, making it something I can do before bed, no matter how tired or busy.

I installed f.lux on Saturday and have so far slept better.
    I've also noticed some snack-cravings which don't let me go into "fast mode" as easily, so I'll be cutting out my snacking for a while and having a 24h fast later this week, to reset my body. Too much chocolate and maple syrup.
    Last edited by Kochin; 02-18-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sainsbury's "basics" frozen berries are FAB.
    1.29/400g, 35% strawberry, 35% blackberry, 15% blackcurrant and 15% redcurrant. Despite being "basics" their form holds very well and they can be shook out individually, without need to smash lumps of them apart. Not very sweet, but that somehow feels more appropriate (considering how tangy wild berries are).
    At 3.20/kg they're cheaper for a kg than many berries are for 250g, so they've been added onto my list.
    Very low carb, of course, so more of a vitamin supplement than a main nutrient source.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast