Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alice Eats (and lifts weights, and walks, but mostly eats and plays). page 3

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You are showing how entirely possible it is to eat this well on a budget, and you are getting great results. Congratulations.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    OK, I'm about to be terrible to myself.
    I'm a bit behind on some work, so I'm staying awake as late as it takes to finish this book and do some work on it.

Plan: have lots of coffee, have dinner late (to throw my sleep-pattern off), have more coffee and have fruit and nuts to snack on until done.

I'm going to feel rather sick after this, but everyone had to pull the odd "all-nighter" at uni and one night won't kill.

My body recovered suprisingly quickly from the caffeinating and the lack of sleep.

Anyhow, I've decided to start carrying at least 7.5kg with me everywhere, to "trick" my body into thinking I'm heavier and putting on the muscle to support that extra weight.
    First day did it in a satchel. Walked about 2hours, overall. Altered positions (holding in one arm, using only fingers, bent elbow, both hands, behind back "carrying a menhir"-style) to exercise all "lifting" muscles at least a bit. Arms tired, but only a bit sore.

OK. Lil sister's 18th this weekend. I'll try my hardest to avoid grains and overly processed stuff but, being away from home and with relatives that like to eat out when you're "celebrating"... yeah. And I can't exactly "upset" anyone by being a "nuisance" with food.

May fit in a fast or two, to be safe.

Also. I have CALLUSES on my fingers and feet. *proud*

Doing some drawing and reading whilst waiting for folks to show up. Had a coffee.
    Today's breakfast was 1500kcal of mostly fat and I IFed over lunch, so I'll be able to get away with grain-avoiding without feeling hungry, regardless of where we go.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    My body recovered suprisingly quickly from the caffeinating and the lack of sleep.

Anyhow, I've decided to start carrying at least 7.5kg with me everywhere, to "trick" my body into thinking I'm heavier and putting on the muscle to support that extra weight.
    First day did it in a satchel. Walked about 2hours, overall. Altered positions (holding in one arm, using only fingers, bent elbow, both hands, behind back "carrying a menhir"-style) to exercise all "lifting" muscles at least a bit. Arms tired, but only a bit sore.
    This is actually a really good idea!! Very interesting, I never thought of doing that but it makes a lot of sense.

Update time!
    Started having tongue. Not THE most awesome offal, but quite nice if you ignore the fact you're giving a cow a second-hand french-kiss.

Also, this month, unlike the last three, my period is heavy again and I'm getting cravings. No cramps, mind, but wondering what caused the cravings. Annoyingly, they're mostly for sugary foods. Ate a lot of fruit, nuts and 75% chocolate. Didn't work. I feel kinda ill though, and I think I've lost fluid. Decided to just eat well and ignore the cravings until they get more specific. Fiance thinks it's likely just a kcal deficit, so I'll try eating more, plain and simple.

The carrying of weights quietened down, so I'm going back to it today. Next week it'll be 9-10kg, so I need to remind the boy "how heavy it's getting"!

Chicken livers, eggs and butter seem to be healing my cravings pretty well. That and exercise.

Found an artist to do nude modelling for. He was apparently impressed by my biceps and is keen to draw me doing some "weighted" poses to bring the muscles out. It also adds another hour of walking to an otherwise quiet day, which is always good.

Back!
    Why oh why do I only ever return when things go South..?
    Long story short: almost missed a deadline, stayed up late, drank lotsa coffee, ate late, got up early, drank lotsa coffee.

RESET!
    Yeah, of course you can do that.
    No more coffee, had some Oolong tea.
    Low kcal day, as I didn't do any endurance-based exercise and therefore hadn't wokred up an appetite. Had a curry with bacon and gammon, another bowl of curry, some milk, some nuts and some butter.
    Decided that on "busy" or "weak from overtiredness" days I'll do a 3x30: 30 mins of intense, non-meditation yoga and stretches, 30 continual incline press-ups, 30 continual sit-ups or crunches. Just to keep blood flowing and make me feel better in myself.
    Now sitting by the light of a dim halogen heater (get one if you're worried about candles and fire as they use little more than a lightbulb, take the edge off the room and produce sunset-like light to relax you; plus, most have a "tip sensor" [a button] so it turns off if it falls over). Computer screen is dimmed. Starting to unwind. Will soon move onto a book before proper bedtime.
    Feel far better in myself.

Goals for tomorrow:
    -do 200 sun-salutes
    -try and do pull-ups for at least 20 min
    -get some sunlight
    -eat more gammon (I've got a lot of it)
    -finish another essay
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast