Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alice Eats (and lifts weights, and walks, but mostly eats and plays). page 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Love this journal!

Climbing trees is something I highly advocate.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Love this journal!

Climbing trees is something I highly advocate.
    Cheers. It'll be updated, it keeps my mind on track.

Climbing is brill, but I need more power in my upper body. Anything chest-level is near-inaccessible to me and it p*$$€$ me off. I don't want to rely on foot-propulsion and grip-strength forever. Getting a pullup bar with which to humiliate myself until I build more strength.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I know how it is. My legs cramp, even though my overall strength isn't bad at all. We all have some sort of devil to fight. I'm trying regular bicycle riding for now to see if I can get my legs stronger - since that might battle the cramping tendency. Be proud of looking like a goofball on that chin-up bar. It makes you stronger. Also, find a nearby playground and hit the monkey bars regularly. Remember to keep your shoulder stabilizer muscles flexed and your elbows slightly bent, don't let your skeleton do the work. Less damage, faster gains that way - if it needed to be said at all.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

I need to start getting some early nights. Waking at half nine is OK, but definitely not natural if the sun's been up since half seven... At least I wind down with dimmed lighting... ^^;

Kcal booster: 1 part banana to 2 parts butter. Sprinkle with crushed nuts and dried fruit. Surprisingly easy to "get down" at the end of the day, even if I've met my kcal "limit" already.

Want to do some rows, shrugs and push-ups, but I have extra work to do first... Will see where I get...

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I know how it is. My legs cramp, even though my overall strength isn't bad at all. We all have some sort of devil to fight. I'm trying regular bicycle riding for now to see if I can get my legs stronger - since that might battle the cramping tendency. Be proud of looking like a goofball on that chin-up bar. It makes you stronger. Also, find a nearby playground and hit the monkey bars regularly. Remember to keep your shoulder stabilizer muscles flexed and your elbows slightly bent, don't let your skeleton do the work. Less damage, faster gains that way - if it needed to be said at all.
    Just don't replace with cycling ENTIRELY and then try and run. The muscle groups work differently. It's why professional cyclists don't sprint very well and vice-versa. You need to keep some flexibility of motion.

Can't find a playground with monkey-bars apart from one for six year olds. Boo!
    But I will be proud. I'll be prouder when I do a pull-up (or, heaven forbid a CHIN-UP), but every inch higher will make me feel better.

Didn't get to lift weights. Mentally exhausted. Will do the exercises tomorrow.

Found some coconut oil at the local Asian/Arab store!
    Pure stuff, for 2.49/500ml. That's cheaper than Kerrygold or other organic butters, but pricier than plain butter or my usual cooking fats. And it's all MINE.

Tastes awesome, but it dried a bit, so I'll have to warm it before using in cold dishes. Yum.

Feeling LOADS better after dumping more fat into the system yesterday. Banana butter does me good. Ready for some rows and whatever else takes my fancy. But FIRST I'm tidying the room. My fiance's coming round and this place is a dump. Cardio time?
    Last edited by Kochin; 11-16-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mine and fiance's diet today:
    Started off with a bake: 150g greek yoghurt, 50g butter, 2.5 eggs, 100g courgette, 1 onion (lotsa garlic).
    Had a stew for lunch: 1 pork chop w/fat, onion, carrot, parsnip, swede, celeriac; curried.
    Had an offal stir-fry for dinner: 75g ox liver for me (25 for him, he wasn't keen), 1/4 ox kidney (fiance stole as much of mine as he could! ), 50g bacon (my portion was extra fatty!), onion, red and yellow peppers, fried in butter.
    We drank several teas, mostly without milk, all unsweetened.
    Fiance is having two protein mixes (one at breakfast, one later). I'm finishing my day with 250ml milk with 150g double cream.

Heavens, all that fat... and saturated animal fat at that! We must be about to die! What? His blood-pressure's still low enough for a corpse and I'm losing weight? And we're both leaner, stronger and more muscled than before? Oh... We must be those "exceptions" everyone talks about...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast