Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to Shaving Cream page

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member

Alternatives to Shaving Cream

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know, I know, not shaving. Unfortunately, based on my father's experiences, I won't be able to grow a decent looking beard until 5ish years from now. Even so, I will be trying it out over my winter break and if I like the look it will stay.

Right now I'm using gillete fusion "for sensitive skin" because that's what I have. It makes my face really dry and on top of that, I'm becoming less comfortable with putting chemicals on my body in general. I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a substitute. I have heard that peanut butter works well but I'm scared to try. Given what it does to my face when I eat it, I can't imagine applying it directly.

Thanks everyone

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i hear some oils are good for shaving...but i'm not sure if there is a best one. if it doesn't matter, shaving may finally give a decent purpose to vegetable oils.
    personally, i wouldn't go with peanut butter. i would use regular butter first.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    my dad used hand lotions
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Lynna is offline Senior Member

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Go without it. I haven't used shaving cream in probably 12 years. If you have an ok razor, it's easy to just shave while you're in the shower. Use a mirror in there if you need to--I don't, I just go by feel. Seriously easy. I almost never cut myself this way, either. Try it out for a couple weeks.

Have you considered no shaving cream at all?

The Shaving Cream Racket by Jeffrey A. Tucker

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Brush and Soap, shaving will never be the same.

The Art of Shaving | Shaving Kits
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Coconut oil. It's kind of a pain to clean out of the razor, in my experience, but it's very moisturizing. Conditioner works just fine too.

Or yes, quality of razor matters, just go without.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone! The most appealing option in terms of price, convenience, and health seems to be not using anything. I'll give it a go with my current blade. If that doesn't work out I can use coconut oil until I have the option of investing in a really good razor. I'm studying abroad in London next semester, so currently trying to save up as much as I can.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
    Thanks everyone! The most appealing option in terms of price, convenience, and health seems to be not using anything. I'll give it a go with my current blade. If that doesn't work out I can use coconut oil until I have the option of investing in a really good razor. I'm studying abroad in London next semester, so currently trying to save up as much as I can.
    When I say a good razor, I really just mean anything that's at least a step up from the super-cheap one-bladed disposable razors. You'll be fine with any decent razor and just shaving in the shower.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast