Thread: Joining the TEAM page

jenOR12 is offline Junior Member

Joining the TEAM

Hello!

Just finished Primal Blueprint, all makes perfect sense to me.

A few things right off the bat:

1.) Immediatly changed my shopping, organic vegetables and meat products, free range chicken, non-caged chicken eggs, no farm raised fish - ever. As a member of an outdoors loving family, I am fortunate to have the ultimate pasture fed animals as in venison and elk as my staple, do not eat much beef.

2.) Following the PB exercise plan, have alway been athletic and not just a gym rat, but try and incoporate as many steps in my day as possible and view raking and cleaning as workout, it can be. :-) Where pedometer....try to step as close to10K a day. Lift weights three days a week, standard workout is intervals, 15 min. cardio...lift low weight, lots of reps....repeat 3-4 more times.

3.) Drink water mostly, trying to give up sugar substitute beverages i.e. a diet pepsi or a Monster....only one a day... if that.

Years ago I did a test at the gym: Resting Metablic Rate (BMR?): think it was around 1600???

Basic Day:
    Bfast: Two hard boiled eggs
    Espresso with cream
    Lunch: Huge Salad: organic greens, peppers, mushrooms, cucumbers, half an avocado, EVOO and vinegar...1-2TBL either blue cheese, feta or sharp cheddar. Add chicken if left over of venison.
    Dinner lean protein and tons of stir fried veggies....peppers, zucchini, mushrooms...no potatoes ever.
    Know my carb intake is low because I am in Ketosis. Don't miss them, the breads, sweets etc.
    Only downfall is the red wine, but keep it to weekends only...total 2-4 glasses Fri/Sat.

Snacks: string cheese, hb egg, jerky, organic apple.

So, why am I not dropping weight? I have been doing this for 1.5-2 months and I drop five, gain 2, drop one, gain three.

I am 5'8", weigh 192lbs, goal weight 155-160lbs. I am 42....carry weight in mid section and boobs. I have had my thyroid removed, that is when my weight challenges began, but according to my bloodwork, am in the "normal range" - Hypotyhroidism.

Supplements:
    Vitamin D 5000IU
    A good Fish oil 1000mg
    Probiotic
    Biotin

Oh, sleep horribly....no matter what am a horrible sleeper always have been and am researching that to see what can be done. When desperate, have to take an ambian....travel for work and just have an inability to sleep for longer than 5 hours straight (even with the ambian) is a serious issue...yes, do have a stressful job. Paid very close attention in PB about hormones...i.e. cortisol.

Any tips? Anyone?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by jenOR12; 11-06-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi. Thought I would throw in my 2 cents to let you know you are not alone! I am a newbie myself (3.5 months) and losing slow compared to some of the stories around here. I'm 37, female, 5'8, with a starting weight of 224, also always been pretty active at gym/sports. And like you - can't seem to drop the wine!!

My weight seems to do the up and down thing as well which can be frustrating, but since beginning I am down ~12 lbs. More importantly, jeans that I could not even come close to buttoning when I started I am now wearing comfortably. Some weeks the scale has not moved but my clothes seemed to all of a sudden be baggy. Have you noticed any changes in how your clothes fit?

I feel I am too new to give any advice, but something I've noticed for myself - if I just eat fat/meat (ex. bacon, steak w/butter, chicken wings), I eat less that day (no hunger), more energy, and clothes seem to fit better next day. I still eat veggies, but not everyday. I honestly feel better the days I skip them, but i like the variety (and veggies) so not giving up completely. I'm not recommending anything, just saying what works for me.