Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving on from P90X page

Nethru is offline Member

Moving on from P90X

Shop Now
    New guy here!

I'm about to finish my 90 days with P90X was very intense. I didn't follow the diet plan really but definetly still see results from this brutal 90 day workout. I'm looking to move more toward a less intensive but still very effective workout as doing 1 1/2 hour workouts 6 days a week for me is not realistic long term.

I ready the workout plan on MDA and going to see how I can customize what he has there to fit my needs but i'm definetly looking for something short but very high intestity to continue to see results and build strength/endurance.

Tips and workout suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Bodyweight HITT Circuits - youtube Turbulence Training

There's always Crossfit as well.
    I grok, therefore I am.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    If you like the programmed workouts Crossfit will do you good. The workouts are intense, but they are short. Most 20 minutes or less, maybe a couple here in there at 30 max. I think doing P90X you should be ready for crossfit also.

I'd recommend a 3-5 day Active-rest/rest hiatus from working out before starting another program... might want to make sure you're at-least at maintenance calories for those days too.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i heard the px90 company just came out with a new video called INSANITY which uses no bar or weights and is totally bodyweight based... anyone tried it?

Blorton is offline Senior Member
    I've done both P90X and Insanity. Insanity is Chronic Cardio to the extreme. Not recommended for PB. I got a total gas out of it, but I deliberately put off going fully primal until finishing it. The muscle recharge demands on that program are heavy duty.

Personally, I'm on my third round of P90X, and I don't really see that 'moving on' from it is ever really needed, except perhaps to stave off boredom. As a structured weight training system, it's outstanding, and the yoga and flexibility portions are good as well. I do sub in other workouts for the cardio days, but that certainly isn't necessary. Most of the oldtimers who have done multiple rounds of the X have come up with a variety of tricks to keep it interesting. (weight vests, etc)

Also - the P90X workouts aren't always 90 minutes, and once you've been through a round, you can simply follow the guidebook instead and cut out a ton of time from the videos.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I think you should be able to design your own workout using the p90x exercises you learned...

like 2 days total body strength
    1 day plyometrics drills
    1 day yoga (shorten it)
    1 day outdoor sprint session

Nethru is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    I think you should be able to design your own workout using the p90x exercises you learned...

like 2 days total body strength
    1 day plyometrics drills
    1 day yoga (shorten it)
    1 day outdoor sprint session
    This is exactly what I was thinking of doing. I was thinking instead of doing Plyo do a HIIT day of blurpees tho.

Blorton is offline Senior Member
    Actually, I went the other way. I keep plyo since it is such a great leg focus, and dropped the kenpo for hill sprints and tire sledgehammering.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    if you like the sledgy, google "shovelglove"...he's got some great sledgehammer workouts.
    I grok, therefore I am.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    I like what Blorton said. you don't really have to "move on" from P90X, you can just tweak it to fit your needs. It's good to take breaks from it but i think it is a very effective work-out series and easily modified.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast