Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: removing milk from my diet page

Andrew is offline Junior Member

removing milk from my diet

Primal Fuel
    I've been primal for maybe a month and a half and have pretty good results. But I would like to try a month without milk(I don't think I can realistically give up cheese right now.) I've been going through a few gallons a week of whole milk. I am planning on IF from about right now until tomorrow morning when I will be dairy (mostly)free. I'm worried about what I will replace all the energy I've gotten from the milk. I'm OK with drinking water during meals, but I won't I have to eat a little more each meal?
    Does anyone have any experience in getting rid of so much dairy from their diet?
    thanks all

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    what's your weight now? and training status?

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's a lot of milk! I'll be very interested in your experience with eliminating it.

Assuming you're maintaining rather than working on fat loss (maybe even if you're working on fat loss, depending on a variety of factors), you'll probably want to replace the milk with additional protein and fat from other sources. I doubt you'll need to get all scientific about it, however -- just eat primal foods when you're hungry and stop when you're satisfied. (And be reasonable, obviously. Don't replace the milk with just cheese and nuts.)
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Andrew is offline Junior Member
    As of now I am about 160 pounds at 5 foot 9 inches. I lift 5-6 times a week and run once or twice. I haven't lost any real fat after the first week or two so I am hoping that the elimination of milk helps with the a pound or two.
    I'll update in a weekish hopefully with some results. Sorry for the low quality pictures, the only camera I have is on my computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    thats an awful lot of milk you drink. i have a slice of melted pepperjack cheese on some meat or veg, and a dash of heavy cream in my cup of coffee in the morning suits me pretty good. some days i think i should quit dairy but i enjoy my cheese and creamed coffee way too much. eh cant be all bad 90% chalk it up to?? so good luck to you on your endeavour!!
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    I would take it out in a progressive manner, not at once, the drop in sugar might take you in hypoglycemia. Try to compensate in the proteins and fat with bacon... do the math and another thing, this is important: have a shot of sugar something with you just in case symptoms of hypoglycemia occurs. candy bar or whatever...

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I can relate to that. I used to be milk fiend too. I've remarked about it elsewhere, but I still feel bad
    about the dairy industry having to lay off my personal cow. Poor Bossy.
    I would guess that your body will replace the energy that you were getting from the mile by having
    to use some fat reserves. My advice would be not to try to replace the energy unless you end up being
    really lethargic or something.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Milk is at the end of the day, 97% water (depending on which you buy) I doubt you were gettin tons of energy from it. Still replace with coconut milk! cheper too, and even more digestible energy Good call for removing dairy, that much won't be doing any good!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is quite growth-stimulating and insulin-spiking, so I'm guessing that by dropping the milk, you'll see a significant shift in body composition over a couple months, even if all else (nutrition and activity, stress and sleep) remains the same. Do keep us posted!
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I will join you! This is day three of milk free living. I too was a whole milk junkie, drinking it will my meals and inbetween. I feel great so far! My plateau has been broken with this simple elimination.

I will still be consuming heavy cream and cheese in moderation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast