Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving! What's your plan? page

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member

Thanksgiving! What's your plan?

Primal Fuel
    So Thanksgiving is almost here....

Having a wheat/gluten intolerance and also dairy allergies I don't want to risk it with some of the traditional holiday fare such as dressing/stuffing, cornbread or yeast rolls, pies, cakes. It almost makes it easier for me at get togethers to not be tempted to eat these things because I know how bad they make me feel.

I'm planning to make some "paleo" versions to bring such as:
    "cornbread' muffins
    sweet potato casserole (cupcakesomg.blogspot.com)
    coconut crack bars (chocolatecoveredkatie.com)

With a plate of turkey and some veggies, I should be set

What's your plan?

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    to eat all the turkey and homemade cranberry sauce and orange salad and green beans and pumkin pie i can stand
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    On the day of? Fast until mealtime, get a good workout in, and then just the hell with it from that point. Enjoy!

Beforehand? Lots of fasting, good exercise, and when I do eat, eating a healthy primal meal, low in carbs.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    You know - if you are invited to a meal where most of the food is cooked from scratch, just eat whatever you want. Think about it. Turkey or some other meat, cranberries, vegetables of all sorts, potatoes, butter, pumpkin pie, whipped cream, apple pie...
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Buying shoes online?

In terms of food, I think that eating a roasted turkey would be pretty high up there.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I plan to eat the turkey, ham, taters and veggies, devilled eggs, olives, pickles, etc. The desserts are where I will have to be careful also. Those are what will make me feel icky.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i forgot about devilled eggs

yes, those will be shoveled into my mouth as well
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    I plan to eat whatever is there that won't cause me issues like turkey and veggies. the only thing I need to steer clear of is the gluten bc the dairy allergies I can deal with.I always bring things to holiday meals anyways as do most people in my family.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    On the day of? Fast until mealtime, get a good workout in, and then just the hell with it from that point. Enjoy!

Beforehand? Lots of fasting, good exercise, and when I do eat, eating a healthy primal meal, low in carbs.
    Exactly.. I plan to work out hard, eat less cals/carbs until T day, then enjoy small amts of everything.. Can't wait~

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member
    I will be cheating on my paleo diet like crazy. I will be eating white mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, probably some cookies and maybe some beer too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast