Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rant about ice cream and skinny people page

primalsun is offline Member

Rant about ice cream and skinny people

Primal Fuel
    Even though I've more or less reached a sustainable goal for my weight (although I'd loveee to lose a few more pounds of fat but who wouldn't?) I still can't help but get super pissed and jealous when my friends and I go out for ice cream. Most of them are naturally thin, average young twenty-somethings who have no clue what its like for me to have to wake up every day and make a conscious decision that I am more than a body composition/weight on the scale/whatever. They can sit back and enjoy their ice cream, while I do as well, but the one difference is that tomorrow and for the rest of the week I'll be bloated and retaining water and freaking out about it while they don't even think about it twenty minutes after they finish their ice cream. Ah its so annoying. OH THE JOYS OF BEING A NATURALLY THIN, JUNK-EATING BITCH. Anyway, I guess I'm done complaining. yay.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    I'm naturally very thin, and I'm a guy.

But I've essentially gone through what you have but with severe acne. Looking back, I was really rough on myself. I focused too much on it. I used to think clearing it up would make my life perfect, but it hasn't. I feel the same, just with better skin. lol

Now I try to catch myself when I focus too much on my faults. It's a battle that cannot be won.

I agree, and I too try not to be hard on myself; however, it really is a life-long struggle and sometimes I have good days... and sometimes I have days that are awful. Hopefully, through enough self-love and piles of self help books I will eventually have more good days than bad

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member
    I love ice cream, it is what I cheat with most often. I am not naturally thin but I work very hard to stay slim. Exercising really hard to keep the pounds off even when I cheat. Do you know those people aren't in the gym for hours a week working it off? In the end if they eat like crap but have a good metabolism then they will be really unhealthy when they are older with cancer and heart disease while you are healthy.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    The thing is, you don't know what that "naturally slim" person might be doing when nobody else is around. A lot of women will do things like starve themselves in private, overexercise, and adopt various purging behaviours, but you'll never know it because they will never tell. I was one of those girls once upon a time, and I'm sure people hated me for being a "skinny bitch" when I would do stuff like down a gigantic milkshake when hanging out with friends, but they didn't see me rollerblading three hours a day some days, binging and purging, and skipping meals like crazy.

Some people are actually naturally slim, but you really don't know when you are looking at someone's life from the outside what kind of private mess they might be when nobody is looking.
    If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Wayne and Owly, y'all have a great point. You never really know what someone is like once they're out of your site. While most of my friends know I used to be overweight, none of them know the extent to which that has effected me and still effects me on a daily basis.

ferrijessica is offline Junior Member
    It's a battle that cannot be won.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    So they eat their ice cream and stay skinny. Big deal, for the rest of the day they might not be eating anything else, or else they're hitting the gym for 3 hours burning off the excess calories, thus remaining thin. You can't judge people based on what they eat for a single meal without knowing what else they do or eat for most of their lives. People don't go out to restaurants or bars or ice cream shops to eat broccoli and steamed vegetables and sugar-free fro-yo, it's a once in awhile indulgence for people who can restrain themselves otherwise.

You're overthinking it. One dish of ice cream is not going to kill you, nor will it make you gain 5 pounds from water retention or fat. The 20%'s there for a little flexibility and ice cream. Enjoy it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I'm an old person (71) so perhaps my placidity comes from age--or from being at a 'normal' weight after a lifetime of morbid obesity.

Life isn't 'fair,' and you'll just upset yourself unnecessarily by worrying about things you can't change.

Personally, I love ice cream--but I rarely eat it because 1) that sugar isn't good for me; 2) I have difficulty with portion control and thus have to deprive myself to deal with the excess; 3) in my usual cost/benefit analysis, the 'cost' to me of ice cream is rarely worth the 'benefit'--which is only taste and transitory.

Weight management will always be a challenge for me, but it's great that the healthiest choices are those that also help me control my weight--and my weight is something that I can control. I can't control how other people eat, so I don't concern myself with that at all.

Kristin5 is offline Junior Member
    My friends say they think Ive gotten thinner but I don't feel any thinner and don't weigh any less. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and Im wondering if I should stop eating ice cream?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast