Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Monk's Primal Journal page 8

Monk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday Iad one big late meal, at the buffet. green beans, brussel sprouts, beef roast, pork, chciken..oh and spinach with iced tea.
    evening meal...think i ad some meat...then a kombucha ad one of the cocnut milk frozen treats.

Today: morning had some of the nut and dried fruit I took to work. Lunch was roast beef, ham and a pickle.
    Got so wrpped up doig other stuff I didn't eat anything. Drinking a kombucha, looked at the lock n it was 8pm. Decided not toeat after 8pm

Also,I have been drinking coconut water first thing in the morning, instead of drinking goat milk, although the cat still gets her little bit.

Wanted to get some lifting in but time got away frm me.

I can really feel thearea around my ribs, not by touching them, it more like they are tighter, if that makes sense.

My money has bee a little tight his last week, eating has been on the dollar menu. I've been rationing out the pumpkin eeds and the nuts ad dried fruit, I'v had at work. Lunch has been tuna and salsa with applesauce. I hav been drinking some gulps of cocnut water in th morning, istea o goatsmilk. I dd have one sip of goatsmilk yesterday. Alo bought soe rots chicken for evening meals. Snacked on jerky and dried apple.

Today I splurged and wanted taters, got two large potto aks nd a mint chocolateswirl shakefromArby's.

I'm on a five day Fran push, un-timed, but keepig with the round and rep scheme. Fran is kicking my ass the second day in. Beween Fran and eating the same amount of food I have been eating, I hope to lose some belly weight. I aven't decided if I will shave my beard for the beginning of Spring or wait to see if i can lose 5lbs first.

had some hot apple cinnamon tea, from a coworkers stash. Made a run to Burger King for orange juice. That was my morning...oh and hd some coconut water before leaving the house.

I wanted somethin saltyish, agoized abougetting some Snyders BBQ chips,even befoe I rad the ingrdients I new itwasn't a great choice.

Lunch was rotis chicken and a dill pickle and dried apple wth water.

stopped on the way home and had some lobster bisque. Got hungry a couple hous afterthat and coed up some f the baconI had bought on theway home and had a few mouthfuls of egg salad. I also had soe Justin's dark chocoate peanut buttercups and kombucha--yes, I got paid

Debated on doing the Fran work tonight, but feel motivated now.

Weighed in at 172lbs,no change, but my body changed
    I'll go back to mygoal of doig Fran five days in a row, that turnd into four days--still pretty good. The pictures, I took today, show a difference, mostly in the stomach. From the front, sides of my belly have shrunk and there is now a light taper frm my lats down. From the side, you can see the top pr of my belly flattend out and less roundness to the lower part.

After a couple weeks of nt seeing a change, I am excited again, not that I would quit being Primal. I just like to see progress.

Shaved the beard today, despite the snow storm that rolled in today. Long walks are postoned. I will be liftng heavy things in ome form, for short periods of time 4-5 times this week at the least. If 12-15 minutes of non-stop heavy excercise works this wll eating this way, I'm on board.

Ate some lay's chips an chip dip the other day, over it and moving on.

Did some Turbo Jam yesterday.

Carried a box of heavy stuff in from my car today.

I'm tring to decide what the meal plan will look like for the coming work week...not sure yet. Thinking about cooking the chicken carcass, for broth and veggies I have some of the fozen bourban salmon and canned spinach, maybe fr dinners.

Huh, log in to find my status changed to senior member.

Iguess it's been a week since I cut back on fruits, it just sort of happened, wasn't really planned. I know I thought about it, but it wasn't something I sat down and gave much thought to. Cutting back on dairy, I believe has made a difference.

Couple things I want to sop, from the last couple days: getting peanut butter M&Ms from the vending machine at unch, to chase the egg salad I'm takin in. The last two days, I hae bought a bag of Lays loaded bacon chips. Sure they have bacon fat in the ingredients, but not a great choice, not horrible, but not great either.

I think the poor decisions are that I haven't eaten or stopped to get anything worthy for a morning meal. Then lunch roles around d I have egg salad and my water. I may have to get the eggs and bacon sandwich on the way in* the bread is always discarded). At least the next two days to cover the lighter lunch. I am still drinking conut wter first thinginthe morning.

Other than those two items, it has been a feast of meat and veggies or various shapes and recipes. Had some bourban salmon and butternut squash soup, two nights in a row.

excercise has been random, as I feel like doing this or that for the last week. Naps to compensate for my odd hours have helped. With better temps here, I parked down in the park, with the window cracked and slept about an hour and a half. After that I headed to Earthfare, but didn't like the food they had i the buffet, so wen to Boston market and tried the ribs with mashed taters and creamed spinach.

After the mark of week 25 with no visible change, I decided to try and get my body into ketosis. This morning I hopped on the scale and had lost a coupe pounds. After a full rack of ribs tonight I feel very full. The ribs should hel ustain me into tomrrow, hopefully till lunch.

What was funny this morning, was dealing with my coworker and boss. I had stopped and got bacon and eggs from a sandwich on the way in, but round 8am I was very hungrt, so ran across the street to Burger King for double croisandwich with double bacon and discard the bread and cheese.

My coworker, Doito lady kills me
    I told her it was a shame to throw the bread and chese away
    she asked me if I had gone Vegan
    Um, only if Ican be vegan and eat all the bacon I want, Ireplied.
    she apologized for being so stupid.

The boss has turned into a lunchtime chronic cardio, whey drinking, calorie counting freak. He told me I need to start working out when I told him I was running across the street for food. geesh!
    I love how ne fanatics try and give advce they just learned...I don't feel lik debating with him.

The tighter pair of pants I've mentioned are bout a inch loose with no belt, awesome. I love being primal and will stay n ketosis for a while.

For the last week, being that it is Monday, the day I weigh myself and take pictures, I have cut my carbs. My eatin has been water, cocnut water(in the morning) and some form of meat, which has been mostly chicken and some ribs. Sunday's meal was a Ribeye medium rare, two eggs over medium and side of bacon at Denny's. The cook even gave me two extra pieces of bacon, because I didn't get any hasbrowns or bread.
    abou three times in the last two weeks I have had the coconut milk frozen treat.

Today, we had Spring weather and I got a good walk in, amazing how mylegs felt it, jus a hour later when I got out of my car.

I did notice my sides, obliques/lat area is getting leaner and mr defined. Is it working it's way down to my lowerbelly? I hope so.

Woke up really sinusey, so had two cups of hot tea instead of coconutwater.

Lunch was rotis chicken, that's pretty much all I've been eating for lunch. Really had the metallic taste in mt mouth and bad breath this aftrnoon.

Stopped on the way home to grab another rotis chicken, ended up eating almost the whole thing and a bit of cocnut water.

Plan on doing a few pull-up/knee-ups tonight.

first part of the day was normal, eggs and bacon in he morning and chicken at lunchIt was a great Spring day and took half my lunch outside. I thought I was going to havef to share my chicken with the resident hawk, who ws flying all over the place. Then the wind picked up and I retreated to the lunchroom.

Stopped ater work and got some Keto strips, then off for groceries--eggs, bacon, one container of frozen coconut treat coconut water, avocado, olives and lemonaise. Got home, put the food away and went for a walk for an hour.

Ate some olives. mixed one avocado with some lemonaise. Cooked bacon for tomorrow and tonights dinner. Dinner was scrambled eggs(nothing dairy added), bacon with the avocado/quac mix on the eggs. It didn't seem like much but I'm full.

Oh, and the keto strip showed a small amount of ketons in my system.I wonder if that will change with my focus on healthy fats

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast