Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minimalist Boots - have finally arrived! page 2

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The SFB still have an elevated heel (about 8-10mm) and still very cushiony. They do dry very fast and are light as hell. The Mini-Mils are the same weight as the SFBs.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    The SFB still have an elevated heel (about 8-10mm) and still very cushiony. They do dry very fast and are light as hell. The Mini-Mils are the same weight as the SFBs.
    I appreciate the info. My decision just easier. I think the clerk at the store was telling me what I wanted to hear, but who can blame them for not knowing. There is an all leather SFB available, which is what I wanted. However, these Bellevilles are looking better.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

OK boots are here!!! First impressions, AWESOME!:

1) Very light, maybe 1oz more than the SFB
    2) Very well "cut" i.e. large forefoot
    3) Boot is stiff, like a boot (SFBs are like sneakers). This means it needs to break in, like real leather boots.
    4) Quite supportive around the ankle, good for heavy loads
    5) Ground feel is like a thicker version of trail gloves, it's pretty meaty and not as soft as minimalist shoes. This should make it awesome for rough terrain.

Sunday I have a 5 mile offroad "assault run," we'll see how they do considering they won't be broken in.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    I may have to order a pair of these on monday. Please post some pictures if you can.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Jareddame is offline Member
    These look pretty solid ... wouldn't mind getting a pair for hiking ... wonder how warm they are? I am using Keen 15 wide boot and my feet are actually 14.5 and narrow so I get plenty of room for toe spread just not the minimalist angles. Thanks for the link!

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    geewww... post up your reviews when you get them in. Not sure I like the hard counter in the heel.
    Last edited by tcb; 11-09-2012 at 02:07 PM.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Wanderlust- Thanks so much! I was just about to order a pair of NB boots, or maybe Rockies. Back to Bellevilles for me!

"Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    There have always been minimalist boots- they're called moccasins!

But, damn, I really do want a pair of these, it's about time they showed up on the market. Wanderlust, do you think they would last for hikes in temperate climates? Are they waterproof enough to at least support a couple of good socks, or are they summer-only use? Unofrtunately I am not yet crazy enough to walk around in deep snow without proper footwear, so... heh. It's either those or moccs. And I haven't been able to find any moccs.

ninja_sensei is offline Junior Member
    Hi,
    Old thread but I thought I'd update ya'll with some details.

I live in Colorado Springs and routinely run Barr trail, Lost Creek Wilderness and a variety of other rocky trails. I need a shoe that will hold up and the current minimalist shoes don't cut it. I can destroy a pair in less then 4 months. So I wanted a minimalist boot.

1. I had read a variety of posts about the sizing being too small. I normally wear a 9.5. So I ordered 10.5. The boots were a thumb width too big, even with my heaviest wool socks on.
    2. Exchanged them for a 9.5. Now my toes touch the end of the boot, even with my lightest cotton sock. GRRRRRRR
    3. The boots do not have speed laces at the top. It's a serious pain to get in/out of the boots. Have to loosen the laces all the way down to the top of your feet.
    4. This being said though, I think they are what I am looking for.

The boots are well made and fairly flexible. I imagine they would be very nice after breaking in during trail running. I am going to order a size 10. Hope this helps someone to make an informed decision.

Also - I'll make someone a great deal on a pair of 9.5 sized boots, contact me if you are interested. The shipping costs make it impractical to send the boots back yet another time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast