Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Grok Drink Milk? page

petrogerl is offline Junior Member

Did Grok Drink Milk?

Primal Fuel
    I apologize if this question has been posted before - I did some searches to see if that was the case but couldn't come up with anything.

I keep running across how dairy isn't "primal" and while I have no argument with the fact that neither 1) the amount of dairy I am still eating nor 2) the ooky fluid produced using big-agra methods most widely available today could remotely be considered primal, I still wonder if Grok didn't occasionally partake of some dairy.

I mean, I think that occasionally he would have felled a nursing mother in his hunts, right? Aren't they somewhat vulnerable to begin with (I am no hunter, so please correct me if I'm wrong.) And I'm kinda thinking that he dove right in there and got while the getting was good. Does that make sense?

Does anyone have any thoughts, responses, rants, contradictions, research, complaints, etc. about this idea? For myself, I've only been eating primally for about three weeks now and I've focused a lot on trying to digest all this material (ha ha) and see how it jives with what my own intuition and empirical evidence is showing me. As far as dairy is concerned, I have cut back quite a bit and have started buying better quality products. My body seems to handle it well, so I don't think I'll cut it out completely but who knows?

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Allowing dairy just depends on how well you handle it. It's well recorded in "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" that many coulture strived on dairy products... I would recommend cutting them out for 1-2 weeks, then before you eat or drink anything else, have some dairy. Pay attention to how you react, because that will let you know whether dairy will benefit you on this plan or not.

Mark puts dairy in the sensible vice category btw.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    Also bear in mind that there are a couple ways to be sensitive to dairy.

1) Some are lactose intolerant, like me. I can't do milk or cheese that hasn't been thoroughly fermented.

2) Others are sensitive to one or more proteins in milk. This can depend on how they are processed as well. I get a stomach ache if I eat a ton of cheese, but small amounts treat me fine.

3) Virtually nobody is sensitive to dairy fats. I can eat a TON of butter before I have any issues.

If you're not sensitive to a particular dairy food and it's of high quality, it's unlikely to be an issue. If you also don't make it a staple, it's very unlikely to be an issue.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely he drank milk. Little Groky got it straight from his mom (we're still not clear on what
    her name was)(we should work on that)
    I cut out milk and most of the cheese I was eating because it seemed to help me take the weight
    off. I don't believe that I'm dairy intolerant though and I'll probably add some more if it back once
    I reach my goals. (Assuming that it doesn't bump me back off of my goals of course) I used to be
    a milk fiend a while before going primal. I drank milk with every meal every day. In fact the dairy
    industry actually had to lay off a cow when I cut back. They called it putting her out to pasture. Poor
    Bossy, she won't be getting her job back anytime soon.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Many years ago, I had a problem with acne. Unlike my school chums, I ate no candy, drank no sodas, etc.. I took my refreshment from milk and/or cheese. After months of medical prescribed Tx with no help, an allergist determined that I would have been better with the candy and coke. I gave up 'being healthy' and joined my peers with the junk. My face cleared up.

Moral: at least for me----there is no reason for anything dairy. More calcium in leafy greens anyway.

I sin though because I enjoy an occasional cup of very strong espresso with heavy cream.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    I sin though because I enjoy an occasional cup of very strong espresso with heavy cream.
    I am a sinner too, I'm just not going to list out all of my sins.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha Daemonized

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    That's one thing I love about the attitude here at MDA: "Oh, you ate some wheat/sugar/processed crap? Bet that made you feel crappy. Right! Back on the wagon then, it's time for a steak." None of this wailing and gnashing of teeth you see elsewhere.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

Cynarin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molecular Grokologist View Post
    That's one thing I love about the attitude here at MDA: "Oh, you ate some wheat/sugar/processed crap? Bet that made you feel crappy. Right! Back on the wagon then, it's time for a steak." None of this wailing and gnashing of teeth you see elsewhere.
    Well, "back on the wagon then, it's time for a grilled skinless chicken breast with steamed broccoli on non-fat quinoa pilaf" just doesn't have the same ring to it, non?
    "To shed all the illusory rights & hesitations of history demands the economy of some legendary Stone Age--shamans not priests, bards not lords, hunters not police, gatherers of paleolithic laziness, gentle as blood, going naked for a sign or painted as birds, poised on the wave of explicit presence, the clockless nowever." --Hakim Bey, TAZ

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    Grok had milk until he had teeth. After that, nope!

The "you need calcium" BS of the Milk lobbyists has no grounds. I haven't had milk in years and my calcium is 10 mg/dL. Normal range is between 8.5 and 10.6) And I don't supplement vitaD in anyway but with sun exposure.

Will be close to impossible to eliminate dairy at the society level, in the next 50 to 100 years. But you can make a difference on a personal level.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast