Thread: grapeseed vegenaise page

tori is offline Junior Member

Question grapeseed vegenaise

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have an opinion on vegenaise? There are several varieties and I am wondering if any of them are considered primal. I am craving some creamy coleslaw for a pulled pork recipe! Any suggestions? I've seen a few recipes for primal mayo but with a lot of mixed reviews. Thanks!

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tori View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion on vegenaise? There are several varieties and I am wondering if any of them are considered primal. I am craving some creamy coleslaw for a pulled pork recipe! Any suggestions? I've seen a few recipes for primal mayo but with a lot of mixed reviews. Thanks!
    Oh lordy! That is not food. Real mayonnaise has, at the very most basic, three ingredients. GOOD oil, vinegar, egg yolk. That Veganaise stuff is so processed that it isn't even food-like anymore Making your own mayonnaise is simple and good, once you get the hang of it. I use 1/3 coconut oil and 2/3 olive, with white wine vinegar. From there, a dash of salt, cayenne, whatever spices you're feeling. You'll find pointers online about how to properly emulsify.
    Little Saiyan

tori is offline Junior Member
    Thanks! I will do some google-ing and give that a try tomorrow!

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Grape seed oil is largely Omega 6 so you'd definitely want to not use that oil.
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    I used to make my own mayo all the time, which is the best. Then I got suuuuuper busy and used Wilderness Family Naturals but they had production problems and I couldn't get more for months. I decided to use Veganaise soy-free in a pinch and it's OK, as it contains high-oliec sunflower oil which isn't bad, just not the best. Is it Primal? – Sunflower Oil, Wheat Germ, Skyr, and Other Foods Scrutinized | Mark's Daily Apple

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tori, did you try making mayo?
    Little Saiyan