View Poll Results: How often do you eat primal dessert?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

5 11.90%
  • Once a month or less

4 9.52%
  • Twice a month

4 9.52%
  • Once a week

5 11.90%
  • Twice a week

6 14.29%
  • Three times a week

8 19.05%
  • Every other day or more

10 23.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey: How often do you eat a primal dessert? page

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member

Survey: How often do you eat a primal dessert?

Primal Fuel
    I like dessert. Who doesn't? Being primal for life means occasionally eating some sweet and delicious things.
    How often do you indulge a true primal dessert? Things like frozen coconut milk and fruit to make 'ice cream', a bowl of fruit with whipped cream and shaved dark chocolate, mashed avocado and banana with cocoa powder and honey, or stevia sweetened coconut flour muffins are the sort of treats I am talking about (not one piece of dark chocolate after dinner).

Do you enjoy a primal dessert once a month? Four times a week? Never?

For the people who wish to elaborate: do you eat a larger dessert or instead just do small treats throughout the week (like the dark chocolate example mentioned above, fruit and tea, cheese, etc.). What is your favorite dessert? Are you in maintenance or still trying to loose fat? Does eating primal dessert make the PB easier to stick to or harder? Has eating dessert with mostly primal ingredients stalled fat loss for you?

Just curious how strict we are/aren't here!
    Last edited by ZoŽ; 04-09-2010 at 12:23 AM.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I go through phases. I made a pan of the banana brownies posted here and had just about one a day topped with some berries and cream. Best. Dessert. Ever. Now they're gone and I probably won't do any dessert for a week or so...then I'm making those brownies again! It probably averages out to 3 times a week, with some weeks being almost every day and other weeks being zero.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Never--if you're talking about sweet things. I find that sugar is poison to my body, and I've felt terrific after also giving up all AS. Sometimes I'll have a T of almond butter or a few nuts, but never a traditional 'dessert.' I've found that in never indulging in sugar or AS, I've actually lost my 'sweet tooth' and have no desire for those things. I don't eat fruit either.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    I go through phases as well, but it really all depends on what you consider 'dessert'. I consider dessert to be berries after a meal so in that case I would eat dessert quite frequently. However, something special like the date/almond/coconut 'logs' that I've been making lately I would consider extra special super fantastic dessert (still primal though).
    I grok, therefore I am.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I indulge a few times a week in small amounts of fruit, dark chocolate or nut butter (my favourite treats - CW people think I'm clinically insane for considering that a dessert!) About once or twice a month I will make a more proper primal/primalized "dessert" (a custard, mousse, muffins, tartlets, whatever) - the muffins are actually for my SO to take to work and I usually treat myself to one - can't resist them when they're fresh out of the oven! I'm trying to lose fat but I also have a huge sweet tooth and don't have the personality to forego sweet things completely. The treats help me keep my head in the game because if I deny myself for too long a binge is about to happen.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Mine's usually just a few berries or a piece of chocolate after dinner. Every once in a while, I'll do ice cream (maybe a tsp of sugar in a 3-4 svg batch), and once a month or so, I'll make paleochoco chip cookies. I am trying to lose fat, and recently discovered that I may be lactose intolerant, so I've really been trying to throttle back on the non berry or chocolate desserts.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    dessert for me now is an apple with almond butter, shredded coconut and cinnamon and some dark chocolate (99 or 100%)

mstrudle is offline Member
    Nut butters, dark chocolate, cheese, yogurt, fruit, et cetera are parts of my diet and not desserts; usually I will mix yogurt with unsweetened chocolate powder and flaked coconut if I am still hungry after dinner, sometimes I have fruit, cheese finds its way into most of my egg recipes, and nut butters I eat for the extra calories.

If I want a dessert, I eat a proper grain and sugar based one. A cinnamon bun made with "forbidden" ingredients is much more satisfying than a pseudo-dessert made with "approved" ingredients.

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    3 times a week, but it's pretty conservative: berries, coconut fat of some kind, and some nut butter.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

animalcule is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    'Dessert' for me is chocolate (I prefer milk) or fruits. I've been primal about 6 months, and when I buy blueberries or chocolate I tend to eat some every day until it's gone, then not buy anything else for weeks. I don't make real desserts involving any prep time. I didn't know which poll option to choose. I guess I eat truly sweet things pretty infrequently. Nuts/seeds, unsweetened coconut, yogurt, and cheese don't count as dessert to me and I eat them frequently. I will be eating a lot of home-grown fruit this summer, my boyfriend and I have a large garden and some fruit trees.

I am naturally underweight and on the lean side, and currently gaining weight very slowly eating primal (it's been 6 months and while I lost some pounds that were probably water weight, my fat composition is changing and my muscles are growing - I've visibly filled out enough to cover some pesky bones!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast