Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: My First Day as a Raw Vegan... page 5

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Make sprouts. You can sprout all beans. All you need is a jar, paper towels, water and natural light.
    What is the difference between eating a bean or grain sprouted as opposed to the conventional way of cooking it?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Can you sprout non-seed quality beans sold in a store? Or do you have to find a source of beans that can actually, well, sprout? I know that Veseys actually sells beans that can sprout.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Why do you assume that you'll get gain weight the same way you did when you were growing a baby inside you?

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    Some of the best athletes, marathoners, and ultra-marathoners are raw vegans. The sluggish remark is off base, people turn to being raw vegans to they gain more energy. Eating dead carcass flesh has to the opposite.

Just goggle professional athletes and raw vegan, you will be surprise.
    However said these people were healthy? For every raw vegan elite athlete, there are 1000 that are not raw vegan. Let's not pretend "raw vegan" has anything to do with being an elite athlete. A plant based diet is a novel idea, unfortunately, you , I and everyone on this board exist today because people ate animals. Welcome to reality.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Why do you assume that you'll get gain weight the same way you did when you were growing a baby inside you?
    Because I gained before the baby, trying to conceive and then I kept most of the the pg weight on for 2.5 years before I finally lost it. PG really changed my body a lot, and one of the changes is that I gain weight much easier than before, and can't lose it unless I work really hard on it. Every time I tried to just eat non-toxic, and not track my eating, I ended up gaining weight very quickly and in an unstoppable fashion. It's not that I overeat horribly.

But my body really wants to gain a lot of fat to plump me up for another bigger baby - it is a normal evolutionary response to having your first kid, as described in the "Why Women Need Fat." I was really surprised by how different things were. I was always inclined to plumpness, and had to watch my weight, but it never was that hard. Oh, well, that's life.
    Last edited by Leida; 11-06-2012 at 09:38 AM.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I reached my highest weight as a very strict, mostly raw vegan.

As a short-term cleanse, as was mentioned, it works fine. Long-term, it is difficult to be truly healthy on.

I just want 1 day a week, I hardly would classify it as a long-term, no?

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Well it's not that you actually want to be vegan, is it? I thought you just wanted a fruit-day

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Then try it. You won't hurt yourself eating fruits and veggies and beans one day a week. Just because hemp powder was nasty doesn't mean you can't succeed at it...

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Yeah, that's what I am thinking to. In the D&D world there was a joke about how different types of players played different situations. No matter what happened, the power-gamer type always followed 'whatever gives more pluses'. I think I adopted this approach to dieting. But maybe it's totally fine to have a lifting day with 30 g protein, maybe it's fine to have carbs on a rest day.

After all, if I wanted to lose weight I could restrict myself to the hemp protein smoothies. Hey, highly nutritious and as low reward as it gets. But I did not do it. So, I guess I still have a part of me that cringes at wasting good bananas and berries as unpalatable smoothies, and wants to enjoy food at least sometimes.

I dunno, maybe hemp protein is what it takes to make me admit the defeat and slip into the fat suit. I dunno, it's a harsh choice between fat and quality human food with no consideration for macros.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast