Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Day as a Raw Vegan... page 4

Primal Fuel
    I think you are over thinking shit. Eat unprocessed food, meat, vegs, and fruit. /thread

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I don't get why you say you want to do raw vegan and then the first thing you pull out is some kind of disgusting protein powder. Why don't you eat raw vegan real food? You like actual raw FOOD! Tomatoes, bananas, apples, nuts, avocados, sprouted lentils, sweet fruit of all kinds, savory fruits of all kinds, vegetables of all kinds. You know, actual food.
    Exactly. If you're going to force yourself to go raw vegan, at least do it right and not resort to some nasty hemp protein. With all the processing that shit's gone through, I doubt it qualifies as raw.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Frankly, I don't care what other people eat as long as I am not told to eat cold grass all day long. I just had my usual warm and cooked breakfast and nobody/nothing in the world can convince me that I should start my day in a cold, ideological way.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I've seen the pictures you've posted and your other posts. You need to get into counseling to deal with the emotional abuse you suffered as a child. That is the only likely thing to help you have a healthy relationship with food and a better view of your body.

melanj3 is offline Junior Member
    I just wanted to express my personal experience being a Vegan for 3 years. It initially made me feel fantastic at the beginning with leaning out and energy through the roof. However it never lasted, slowly my body started shifting to increased bodyfat, fatique, and extreme binges. This all took place slowly over the three years, not to mention very expensive with the additional supplements etc. The whole family suffered and it was a little too extreme. I started to research websites because the majority of the posts under "The kind Diet" by Alicia Sylverstones blog community were experiencing very similiar results. Something was wrong if several people are gaining weight and feeling "off" sort of speak that were trying to convert to Vegan lifestyle for maintaining weight and feeling great. Once I researched more and found Primal thanks to an article in the "Oxygen" magazine, I converted a full 360. I'm still trying to recover from the emotional aspects of things like binges because of the Vegan lifestyle so I just wanted to forewarn you that I personally believe that unless it's for ethics, that lifestyle is not sustainable in the long term. and could backfire your goals in the future like it did for me.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I heard Sally Fallon (no, I don't agree with all her views!) describe the short-term initial improvement in health some people experience when they go vegan with 'A vegan diet is a very cleansing diet, but it's not a rebuilding diet'.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnivoreChris View Post
    I think you are over thinking shit. Eat unprocessed food, meat, vegs, and fruit. /thread
    I agree. Not only overthinking, but overdoing it in general. I don't want to be preachy and start talking about starving children, but something is totally wrong here.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    The reason you want to eat everything and can't do strict diets is because you bloody hell should quit doing them.
    she needs to start from scratch and stop overthinking. from the countless posts i've read of hers, she is not only physically/metabolically broken, but definitely a little bit mentally broken as well. kinda feel badly for people like her. unless she wakes up to reality, she is going to fight this battle for the rest of her life

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I don't get why you say you want to do raw vegan and then the first thing you pull out is some kind of disgusting protein powder. Why don't you eat raw vegan real food? You like actual raw FOOD! Tomatoes, bananas, apples, nuts, avocados, sprouted lentils, sweet fruit of all kinds, savory fruits of all kinds, vegetables of all kinds. You know, actual food.
    That's probably what I should do, except I have never seen sprouts. I will just bump up protein higher on all the other days.

unless she wakes up to reality, she is going to fight this battle for the rest of her life
    Yes, I will fight this battle for as long as I can, because I know what happens to me when I do NOT. I will be 160 lbs within a year (just like I was after having my baby and not dieting), and 200 lbs within 5 years. It doesn't matter if I would eat clean grass-fed food or artificially sweetened CW, high fat or low fat. I will be fat if I don't work on preventing it from happening. And I don't want to be 160 lbs again. I just... don't, not now. Eventually, yes, I will descend into fat and in all likelihood it will be diabetes that would kill me. But I want a couple of decades at least before the inevitable nightmare happens.
    Last edited by Leida; 11-06-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Make sprouts. You can sprout all beans. All you need is a jar, paper towels, water and natural light.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast