Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Day as a Raw Vegan... page 3

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Why do you want to be a raw vegan?
    Exactly
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Leida, some time ago I did realize that no matter what I eat or don't eat, no matter how hard I exercise - my body will never be perfect. Thanks to the PB lifestyle I've lost weight, improved my body composition, firmed up, but to my own eyes I still don't look perfect. Guess what, I don't care. One day I simply decided to focus on the positive and to overlook the negatives. It's sooooooo liberating. You should try it.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I don't get why you say you want to do raw vegan and then the first thing you pull out is some kind of disgusting protein powder. Why don't you eat raw vegan real food? You like actual raw FOOD! Tomatoes, bananas, apples, nuts, avocados, sprouted lentils, sweet fruit of all kinds, savory fruits of all kinds, vegetables of all kinds. You know, actual food.

The reason you want to eat everything and can't do strict diets is because you bloody hell should quit doing them.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    Interesting. I am currently working at a different office for a few weeks and there's a vegan in there. I swear that if someone had lined up all 20+ employees and said "find the vegan," I would've spotted that person right away - she's the only one who looks like she's on her deathbed. Pale, sunken-in eyes, straggly hair, very thin, etc.
    Every vegan I know fits the deathbed look, only fat - which is strange to look at. Seriously. Every single one. I do know a thin vegetarian, but she doesn't look healthy.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    I no longer loathe vegans. I simply pity them like one does a roadkill.
    Last edited by Legbiter; 11-05-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    It's a heavy lifting day. Unfortunately, fruit is forbidden on the cardio and depletion days, AND on the main carb-up day.
    Why can't you have some fruit together with the starches on the main carb-up day? Seem like you may be overthinking your carb-up on this point.

I like the idea of "hybrid-dieting" though, with a vegan raw-food day per week...

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    Some of the best athletes, marathoners, and ultra-marathoners are raw vegans. The sluggish remark is off base, people turn to being raw vegans to they gain more energy. Eating dead carcass flesh has to the opposite.

Just goggle professional athletes and raw vegan, you will be surprise.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Been there, did that. Totally messed up my system doing raw vegan, though the high-fat version of raw vegan seemed to work better for me, before I went off into low fat/protein high carb raw vegan.

Think Dr Gabriel Cousins, rather than Doug Graham...

I wouldnt' mind trying all fruit for a week but I'm affraid i'll abanadon it too soon and waste a lot of fruit. I wouldn't do the smoothies so I'd just have a massive bunch of fruit sitting in my kitchen.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    Some of the best athletes, marathoners, and ultra-marathoners are raw vegans. The sluggish remark is off base, people turn to being raw vegans to they gain more energy. Eating dead carcass flesh has to the opposite.

Just goggle professional athletes and raw vegan, you will be surprise.
    More like grainaterians....almost impossible to get enough calories from veg/fruit alone.
    And you are so wrong about the meat....if you have some actual fact/studies/statistics please post them...you are making the accusations here so back them up or shut up.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast