Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating plain fat page 2

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i've eaten suet by itself, and marrow by itself, and butter by itself. my thoughts are that it's awesome
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i always cook my roasts so there is crackling on them if they have fat. the rinds left after making tallow are good snacks too. lamb and venison are my favourite.
    Double-roasted beef fat leftover off a roast....I've indulged with my bare fingers. It was a good thing I was home alone.

I've asked the meat counter at Whole Foods for suet. You know what the reply was? "What?" "You know, some beef fat." "Oh, uh, no, none of that."

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I snack on butter, too. Did that pre-Primal as well - I just enjoy butter period. My favorite is cultured butter. I sometimes grab the coconut oil pot and dip my Larabars into it for extra oomph if I eat one of those bars. I spoon the pan fat and drippings over my veggies and meat on my plate as well.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I've asked the meat counter at Whole Foods for suet. You know what the reply was? "What?" "You know, some beef fat." "Oh, uh, no, none of that."
    suet is the fat from around the kidneys. i can just get bags of regular beef fat from any butcher if i ask. suet is more difficult to get hold of as they always do something to it.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    suet is the fat from around the kidneys. i can just get bags of regular beef fat from any butcher if i ask. suet is more difficult to get hold of as they always do something to it.
    Can you get bags of regular fat at Whole Foods? Because that was met with a blank stare followed by befuddlement at well.

I just want something to put on top of the extra-lean and denuded roasts I get at WF. How can the meat counter guys there not even know what suet is?

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    i always cook my roasts so there is crackling on them if they have fat. the rinds left after making tallow are good snacks too. lamb and venison are my favourite.
    Mmm! Venison! Wish I could get my hands on it more often. Game fats when crispy are AMAZING, eh?
    Had some roast pheasant yesterday. Skin nice and crispy with butter underneath, drippings poured over my veg.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Personally I would prefer to snack on pork rinds, avocado or nuts instead of pure fat...

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oberges View Post
    Hello, does anybody have some experience eating plain fat. For example, sometimes when i am outside home, instead of eating the common, i go to the groceries and buy 100g of butter. Sounds weird to me. Anyway i wanna know your thoughts.
    I love butter. I often just eat a slice. The other day I ate cashew butter with butter on a spoon (well, several spoonfuls). I also will eat coconut butter on a spoon and I used to put a slice of bread in the pan after frying bacon to soak up the grease. Now I sometimes just pour it on top of greens and chow down.

I don't care if I'm weird.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Can you get bags of regular fat at Whole Foods? Because that was met with a blank stare followed by befuddlement at well.
    i dont live in the US so i wouldn't know. i just ask at my butchers for some beef fat and they give it to me.

Mmm! Venison! Wish I could get my hands on it more often. Game fats when crispy are AMAZING, eh?
    Had some roast pheasant yesterday. Skin nice and crispy with butter underneath, drippings poured over my veg.
    wild venison is prob my fave meat. pheasant is more difficult to get hold of as you need to know someone who has shot it. or shoot it yourself. once you've tasted game meats, you realise that you cant buy the good food in the shops.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    wild venison is prob my fave meat. pheasant is more difficult to get hold of as you need to know someone who has shot it. or shoot it yourself. once you've tasted game meats, you realise that you cant buy the good food in the shops.
    With me it's the opposite. Venison is pricey, so I have to know someone who can provide it cheap. Whereas, my fiance knows someone who can supply us with "friends' discounted" pheasants.
    Need more Bambi...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12