Thread: Advanced Search page

ez2cy is offline Senior Member

Advanced Search

Primal Fuel
    Not sure how to contact admin or something but,

Why when I do an advanced search, ie "intermitent fasting" do I get &#39 all the time in the forum.

ie I don't &#39 ng but you could. You have to look out for &#39 s and the like.

Curious as it's annoying as hell.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    The ' is HTML code for a "curly" or "smart" apostrophe. This is a character outside the basic set and must be specified in HTML with a special character code, which in this case is '. The software is reading apostrophes and trying to turn them into HTML code and failing.

The trouble is, when you post an '&' to the forum, the software translates that into the HTML code for an ampersand. The causes the HTML character code to be escaped so that it displays the code rather than the curly apostrophe that was intended.

Then there are some forums and blogs that have a bug in them that leave out the semi-colon when they turn apostrophes into HTML code which doesn't work at all.

If that made any sense to you, that's what is happening and yes, it's very annoying.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3