Thread: Endometriosis page

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member

Endometriosis

Shop Now
    I know Im a dude, but hope that doesn't matter.

My fiance has just been diagnosed with Endo and a few years ago she had some ovarian cysts out.

We have been eating primal for about a year now and we are both fairly active/healthy apart from this.

she has been really tired recently, I think she has also had some sort of bug.

We do intermittent fasting until lunchtime every day and we have cut out dairy and beef (as this seemed to aggravate things).

I am just wondering if anyone had some advice on this and any experience of managing it?

thanks
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I agree with BlueToad. I just had a hysterectomy due to endo and softball size cysts. I would guess that she is feeling pain that is not registering. That will make you tired. It may not sound like it makes much sense but its just the way it is.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    She might be tired from the endo bleeding and causing anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    She might be tired from the endo bleeding and causing anemia.
    Yes that is what the doctor said.

I am going to make her eat breakfast every day for a week and see how she responds. thanks for the input.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    I agree with others about the breakfast.
    Plus may be some supplements? Iron if she's anemic but also some other hormone related supplementation, like evening primrose oil.
    May be this could be helpful? Endometriosis and Women's Health 9/29/04
    The article links endometriosis to estrogen dominance and there are broccoli based supplements (diindolylmethane or DIM) that may be helpful.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Putting her body through the stress of fasting when she's going through this is probably not a good idea.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Thank you for the help.

she is definitely responding to the breakfast so that was a great tip.

she gets her bloods back next and she believes she is aneamic because she has constant tiredness and she is struggling. If she is diagnosed as Aneamic I am hoping this will be fairly straight forward to improve.

She is due to have a lap in January, all being good and hopefully she can start to reap the awards of living paleo like I have.

Endo is no joke! It seems it is often misdiagnosed and can lead to serious health, mental issues from what I have read and seen.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Shelley is offline Junior Member
    I am glad she is doing better. I struggled with severe endo for years until I finally had a hysterectomy. athomeontherange mentioned feeling pain that is not registering and causing fatigue. I wanted to support that statement. Endometriosis causes extreme and chronic pain. You are never really without, the levels change, but the pain never goes away. You just sort of stop paying attention to it so you can function. Those with endo typically have extremely high pain tolerance. It takes a toll on the body, whether you have blocked the pain or not resulting in tiredness and fatigue.

I have no Primal advice as I am too new to the lifestyle and primal has been post hysterectomy. I can definitely see how the aspects of a primal lifestyle, not just nutrition, would go a long way to battle the fatigue and mental stress. Depression is a serious issue with those who suffer from endometriosis. Encourage her to be good to herself, do the things she enjoys, and get lots of rest.

I applaud you for your interest and consideration for what she is experiencing.
    Last edited by Shelley; 11-16-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Update:

After an X ray, they have found a chocolate cyst and a water cyst , both approximately 2 inches in size. She has had this procedure before and it made a huge difference. I guess this explains why she has been very weak and struggling to function.

Lets hope this one goes as well.

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I hope it does go as well and she is feeling more energized and overall better very soon!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.