Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please rate my squat form! page 3

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    From the looks of it, that's highbar position. If that's what you want to continue to do, you need to be more upright and go deeper.
    Your mechanics look more suited towards lowbar though. The bar needs to travel in a vertical line with respect to the middle of your foot. It looks like you are getting out over your toes which should be avoided. Also, look down towards the ground, not straight ahead. And most importantly, drive up with the hips. It's all about hip drive. Don't think of pressing with your legs, think about driving up with your hips.
    What do u mean over your toes? I know lots of people believe your knees shouldn't go over your toes but, that's untrue

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    What do u mean over your toes? I know lots of people believe your knees shouldn't go over your toes but, that's untrue
    I think he meant the bar is way forward instead of over the midfoot

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    I think he meant the bar is way forward instead of over the midfoot
    This.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    One more tip: Try to go down a little more slowly and brace your muscles before you do. Maintain that tightness and control your descent. It might help to think of "pulling the bar down" versus just dropping. This will help prime your muscles to get you out of "the hole" at the bottom. It also keeps your core tight which helps everything on the lift.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I use a wide stance. It helps with my balance and keeps the weight on my heels instead of rocking forward to the toes, as I noticed you were doing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123