Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Vote! page

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member

Don't Vote!

Primal Fuel
    Phil Maffetone, www.philmaffetone.com - Don't Vote!

What do you think? Does your no vote count?

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I have zero faith in either presidential candidate. I will vote though... I do care about several of the proposals on the ballot.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    if you don't vote, don't complain.

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Phil Maffetone, www.philmaffetone.com - Don't Vote!

What do you think? Does your no vote count?
    I'm not sure the author of that piece really gets to the heart of the matter. To me, voting is all about consent. If you vote, you are giving your implicit consent not only to the process, but to the government itself. That's why i don't vote. I don't give my consent. I recognize the "authority" of the cretins in Washington only to the extent their violence demands it. Voting simply gives them a veneer of legitimacy. It gives the impression their rule is based on something more than violence, coercion, and theft. Government loves it when you vote. Stop playing their game.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Your vote doesn't matter. If it comes down to the wire then the Court decides who will be president anyway.

Actually, as a non American, its easy to see that Obama and Romney are interchangeable, as were Bush and Obama.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    if you don't vote, don't complain.
    Amen to that. I vote because I want to retain my right to be whiny.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I used to believe that, but after the Gore/Bush fiasco, I stopped voting. It's obvious that the people who control the machines just stick in whatever puppet they want. When one Prez left office and we had a budget surplus, they stuck in an R. When we were back in the dumper, they stuck in a D.

I used to feel so good about being part of voting. Now I feel like a schmuck for ever believing it mattered.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Different system in this country, but still as big a bag of gonads. I can never vote for a party that I really support as they don't field a candiate, I can't register a protest vote or write 'non of the above' on my paper as it just isn't recorded so would be meaninless. I have a freind that is convinsed that if the turn out is low enough the whole election will be viod and have to be run again, but I can find nothing to confirm this is the case for political election (trade unions yes, but not actaully politics).

So I vote as there is nothing to be gained from not voting, I used to vote for the Lib Dems, but after the coelition govenment I can never do that again, so no idea what I will do next election.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Actually, either way, I'll be able to say "I didn't vote for that asshole".

Bush = Obama = Romney = Interchangeable.... yup, I buy that. Henceforth known as "Robamush"

No president has run a "surplus", at least not since 1913 and they won't anytime soon. Fiat currency provides all the wrong incentives, urging you the government to spend money you don't have. In the end, the debt you incur will be inflated away. Even if you pay the "dollar amount" with interest, the value you pay is a fraction of that you borrowed. Bubba Clinton, in his best year, still ran an $18B deficit. This information is readily available at Treasury.gov for anybody who just doesn't think it could be so.
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just read a good article on this subject on Lew Rockwell. I will not vote because the person I would vote for is Gary Johnson and the only way I could vote is at the US embassy in Cairo. I'm not going to jump through those hoops to vote for someone who, while I respect, has no chance of winning.

But I have voted for a president since Perot ran and I voted for him. Yep, crazy as a bedbug but at least not part of either party.

Here is the article I just read:

Voting Is Violence by Rev. Emmanuel Charles McCarthy

From the article:

Once one has the office, and is vested in the myth and the mystique and the moral validation that go with it, he or she cannot only torment, torture and kill other people, he or she can make the laws that validate the agony and slaughter he or she is pouring down on others. Hitler did nothing illegal, which is why U.S., England, France and Russia had to create the trumped-up ex post facto law – so called crimes against humanity – to convict and kill Hitler’s cabinet and military officers. Hitler saw to it that everything he did was legal by simply creating the laws he needed to legalize what he wanted to do. A contemporary local example of this process would be the Patriot Act in the United States.
    I will not vote. I refuse to participate in a corrupt system. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast