Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't Vote! page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    There is a distinction between Fed'l and local, so I should amend my above post. I won't vote in Fed'l elections. I would certainly vote on local issues if there was anything important to me.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    Nameless, please describe the difference in policies between Rom and Bom?

Then name a time that any politician, including Obama, has kept to their promises or policies anyway?
    No.

No.

I'm not doing your research for you. You can easily find this information by, however skewed it may be, reading American media accounts of the candidates proposed policies.

I didn't say everything was perfect. I didn't say I liked everything about my preferred candidate's proposed policies.

I'd just rather work WITH the system, than say "the system sucks" and not do a damn thing.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Grok is offline Senior Member
    I did a bunch of research, and the conclusion I came up with is that there is no difference between Romney and Obama.

If you think there is a difference, you didn't do any research.

100 Ways Mitt Romney Is Just Like Barack Obama

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Nameless, my point is not that I want you to tell me, it's that I don't believe YOU can articulate the difference.

AC

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I will not vote. I refuse to participate in a corrupt system. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.
    +1

I have no plans to leave the house tomorrow, too many important things to do at the homestead getting ready for the shit that's gonna hit the economic fan no matter which puppets go to (or remain in) Washington.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    vote. and for the record, there are more than two candidates. the apathy on display here is a privilege, one that comes about because our society is so robust and prosperous, despite whatever troubles we're facing. vote.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Not going to a Vote means beeing ok with the outcome.
    It is the oportunity to speak ons oppinion and sitting on a couch isn't protest, it is just lazy.
    And it is quite ironic, when american people do not vote, while they are fighting wars to spread democracy.

When ever there is a vote here, i take the opportunity to speak up, and to take my vote. Not because I agree with the partys or with the political establishment. But because I believe in democracy and that it is important to stand up and use your rights, before someone takes them away because you don't bother anyway.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    I am not voting this year. Period.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    vote. and for the record, there are more than two candidates. the apathy on display here is a privilege, one that comes about because our society is so robust and prosperous, despite whatever troubles we're facing. vote.
    I don't think its apathy at all. What makes a conscious decision to not vote based on a persons informed decision apathetic? If you don't condone the process that is taking place why continue to support it? I'm not even stating that I will not be voting (I actually will...particularly against one guy...and this will be local). What I'm saying is that I actually think the no vote says something when you've come to that conclusion thoughtfully.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-05-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast