Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish liver page

peril is offline Senior Member

Fish liver

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not so much a recipe as a food experience. Raw fish liver, straight from a freshly caught fish after rinsing in fresh water.

Fish for today was a 3.9kg snapper (pagrus auratus). The liver was unexpectedly delicious - a clean brininess with a sweet fleshy after palate. Will definitely be repeating the experience, much to the annoyance of the pelicans. Will try a range of livers as I catch the fish
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    fish livers are difficult to get hold of commercially. i've only ever had blue cod livers which i asked for once when we went fishing. they were really very nice. totally not what i was expecting.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    You may both have my share.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    You can get canned cod livers. I buy mine at the European store, never seen them at my regular Safeway (although to be fair, haven't looked for them there, either). My mom makes a nice savory salad out of them - just add chopped hardboiled eggs and some mayo, very high in fat and protein.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    one of my favorite dishes in the world is monkfish liver sunomono

BTW, under no circumstance should you eat puffer or box fish liver
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Caught a teraglin today. Liver was delicious

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    one of my favorite dishes in the world is monkfish liver sunomono
    came here to say this! i live near a korean market, and they pretty much always sell ankimo, which is steamed monkfish liver, that's been soaked in sake. it's so damn good.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    i hook up with some trout almost weekly(harvested myself, hook/line obviously). Will have to try this next time!

More snapper livers last weekend. Decided the livers of the smaller fish taste like slightly sweet oysters - delicious. Also caught a small Cobia and its liver was pretty good too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast