Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish liver page 2

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Flounder liver tastes horrible, was full of gritty stuff. Or maybe it wasn't the liver : S
    I never meant to put it in my mouth in any case...

Incidentally, does anyone know anything about heavy metals and dioxins in fish livers? Or their nutrient profile generally?

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    I will be going deep sea fishing next month, I will have to keep this in mind. Are there any other fish organs worth eating? Maybe the heart? If I didn't want to eat the livers raw, I imagine they would be good cooked in some butter also (what isn't?)

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    This sounds delicious! I've only really had monkfish liver but I am totally willing to try anything!

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Love monkfish liver also. Quite strong abit like veal sweetbreads in texture needs lemon juice to cut thru.
    Had seabass liver , very tasty.
    I simply pan fry in fat .

London

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I love cod liver a lot, and willing to pay $8 for a can of cod liver to avoid yuk fish oil pills!
    Fish eggs are an obvious choice

When I make salmon broth from fish heads and trimming, I always pick apart fish head and eat all the meat under the chicks, the brain and the cartilage. It all taste absolutely great.

Fish bones, if it was cooked a long time or canned, along with marrow is yum as well.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    I will be going deep sea fishing next month, I will have to keep this in mind. Are there any other fish organs worth eating? Maybe the heart? If I didn't want to eat the livers raw, I imagine they would be good cooked in some butter also (what isn't?)
    Can definitely eat the heart, but it is usually quite small
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutton View Post
    Flounder liver tastes horrible, was full of gritty stuff. Or maybe it wasn't the liver : S
    I never meant to put it in my mouth in any case...

Incidentally, does anyone know anything about heavy metals and dioxins in fish livers? Or their nutrient profile generally?
    Saw something the other day about PCBs in fish liver impeding uptake of vit D. It was a Norwegian study

Nothing specific on nutrient profile but they are definitely rich in vit D, vit A and omega3
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    So maybe avoid large carnivorous fish?

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryancarter1986 View Post
    Love monkfish liver also. Quite strong abit like veal sweetbreads in texture needs lemon juice to cut thru.
    Had seabass liver , very tasty.
    I simply pan fry in fat .

London
    Hi how did do get seabass liver, if I can ask? Am quite keen to get this.

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Was at a farmers market and the fishmonger was gutting the whole fish 4 some silly man who just wanted it filleted and I said I will have them. Thank u very much.

Every whole fish should have them.
    If u have a good relationship with your fishmonger they will put them aside for you.
    Lemon / Dover sole are pretty nice too.

Monkfish & turbot liver quite strong to the others.

London

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast