Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you "patent" a probiotic? page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    Yeah, but it's "genetically modified" in that one generation after another picked the biggest, brightest, tastiest fruit/vegetable/cattle specimen and bred it preferentially. It's not modified in a "let's inject this pineapple with an elephant gene" kind of way.
    +1000

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    It's not modified in a "let's inject this pineapple with an elephant gene" kind of way.
    Different process, same effect. Sexual reproduction is the walking talking definition of "genetically modified".

You and I and that pineapple have a lot more in common than one might think...

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
    Different process, same effect. Sexual reproduction is the walking talking definition of "genetically modified".

You and I and that pineapple have a lot more in common than one might think...
    Ok, I'll leave all the Monsanto GMO corn for you then, since you're ok with it.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Robert Heinlein wrote a book, I think it was Time Enough for Love which story included a database where anyone who had four grandparents who lived to X years old could register. Anyone in the database who mated with someone else in the database got a financial incentive. The more children, the more money. That's selective breeding, in this instance for longevity.

Splicing shark DNA onto a human so a country can win swimming events in the Olympics would be genetically modifying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12