Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Tried Mark's Responsibly Slim Shake? page

MyPrimalLife is offline Senior Member

Anyone Tried Mark's Responsibly Slim Shake?

Primal Fuel
    Is the chocolate any good? I mean...actually good, not just "tolerable."

Also, it seems weird how it's marketed.

1. He says less calories than a bagel. Since when do we eat bagels and count calories?
    2. Carb content seems rather high.
    3. Not primal as far as ingredients goes.

I'm not trying to be nanny nanny about it but was just wondering. If it tastes good I'm willing to give it a shot. Also...I could probably make it with milk right?

NicoB is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who scratches his head?

I've never bothered to look into it since I wrote it off as a cary-over from before Mark did PB.

I doubt he would have created that these days...

Then why does he still sell it? If it didn't follow my plan, I wouldn't continue to market and sell it.

beckinwolf is offline Member
    I'm sorry, but he sells it to make money. It's the same as the supplements. They may not be necessary to be Primal, but Mark has to make a living somehow. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but its the truth. I wouldn't buy his protein powder because I'm allergic to soy protein, and I don't like using artificial sweetners. I use Jay Robb's whey protein. It is only sweetened with stevia.
    Carpe Diem!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    If Mark didn't have as much income from the supplements and shakes he sells, I'm not sure he'd be able to offer us all this information and this community for free... so I try not to question it. =P

Anyway, no, I haven't tried the shakes. If I were going to use a protein shake I'd probably choose one with a lot less carbs/sugar, even if that meant it didn't taste as good. Purposely drinking something with added fructose is something that I just can't wrap my brain around right now.

JStrick is offline Senior Member
    I have tried the shakes, and have been using them since beginning my primal journey. I agree they are a little high on carb count if you are trying to stay under the 50g mark, but other than that its pretty low. I don't just mix it with water though, i usually add either coconut milk or bulgarian yogurt to up the fat content of the shake. Flavour wise, they're awesome. Right now i have decided to cut the shake out of my diet, but i have several cans to go thru and since they have never hindered my weight loss its not that big of a deal to me.

Oh also concerning the carb count, just about half of that is fiber, because its a meal replacement and not just a pure protein shake so i guess mark felt he should throw that in there.
    Last edited by JStrick; 04-09-2010 at 09:19 AM.

NicoB is offline Senior Member
    And nothing wrong with making money. Perhaps one day he'll have a "primal" meal replacement, until then we've got this (I just wish there was no soy in it).

Doesn't he make money from books and thinks like PrimalCon? I don't know...if it were me I'd work on making money with things that align with my program.

Primal is offline Senior Member
    I appreciate Mark's cleverness in subliminally advocating that the US RDA for carbs should be 3.5g: http://www.primalnutrition.com/respo...acts-i-10.html

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can't do the responsibly slim, I react badly to the sucralose.
    I also kind of wondered about the ingredients, but it makes sense if the product is from the "before time."
    Perhaps there will be an updated product in the NTEF?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast