Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's the best way to recover from a few days off the blueprint? page

Drumroll is offline Senior Member

what's the best way to recover from a few days off the blueprint?

Primal Fuel
    I was thinking about Mark's advice about preparing for a cheat day before it happens. However, after this weekend's most decidedly non-primal living for me, it's a bit late for me to "prepare" myself for it.

I came up with two decidedly different steategies for coping with the recovery and wanted to see what you guys thought. I could also take suggestions for other possibilities that I may have missed. I need to get back on to things right away because I feel like crap.

Option 1: Get right to the primal eating. Don't give your body a break. Go straight into healthy primal meals to regenerate and refill depleated nutrient levels and get healthy fats to counteract increased inflammation and aid in readapting to fat burning?

Option 2: Take a break. Your body needs to heal and recover after eating so unhealthy for a few days like you did! Time to start a fast for a few days, let your body get the rest it needs, let your pancreas take a break from producing insulin at constant full tilt. Also, let your body get adjusted to living on a more reasonable caloric intake.

So, which option do you think is the best and will help me get back on track the most quick? Is there another strategy I could take which I haven't considered?
    Last edited by Drumroll; 11-04-2012 at 12:27 PM.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    just eat
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    just eat
    But I did all weekend! That's how I got into this mess!

if you want to properly punish yourself then, flog not fast
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

It's not about punishing myself. It's about finding the right strategy that will allow my body to recover most quickly and optimally.

then that would be eating meat and veggies. a weekend cheat may have stressed and inflamed you, fasting is another stresser
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    then that would be eating meat and veggies. a weekend cheat may have stressed and inflamed you, fasting is another stresser
    Spot on there :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Rudee is offline Junior Member
    If I have a bad day where I engorge in a bunch of "no-no" a 18-24 hour fast gets me back on track.

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    How is fasting a stressor, BO?

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I think that fasting is a terrible idea after a cheat.

Last thing you want to do after breaking from Primal eating is deprive yourself, get hungry and binging on non-Primal foods. That's a lot more likely to happen than anything, and kinda sounds like the beginning of a binge/restrict ED - you don't want that. You're better off just getting back on track and enjoying a good Primal meal and carrying on from there, IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast