Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So... Eggshells in smoothies? page 2

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have never seen people react so strongly and quickly to something except in the world of politics and Youtube! Everyone have a cup of tea or something.

Original Poster-- I can't imagine that would be very pleasant feeling. Even after putting my eggshells, clean and dried, in a spice-grinder, they were too mealy to add to food. For my taste.
    Little Saiyan

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    My moms friend sends me eggs sometimes and often she lets me know they haven't been washed yet (plus!)...needless to say they never get washed. Nothing wrong with good bacteria my friend.

As far as eating the shell, I've never done it but know people who have. Not that I'm scared of it, just doesn't really appeal to me.
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    no need to be pains in the ass to OP, it's uncalled for

that said, if snails living 'mongst and munching egg shells gives them shells of steel, and egg shells get tossed in compost for the calcium, i imagine you're getting some benefit from downing them in smoothies
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Organic, free-range, happy chicken shit have the possibility of containing salmonella too. Just be careful when eating egg shell, not trying to be a pain in the ass. It's a serious health risk. Just because OP has never gotten it doesn't mean it can't happen. You can sleep with someone with herpes and not get infected but isn't it better to be safe?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

i'm not sure i'm open minded enough to sleep next to someone having a big herp outbreak
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Just remember excess calcium may be deposited in your arteries leading to calcification. There is no reason to flood your body with huge amounts of calcium. Getting enough vitamin A,D and K2 will make the calcium you do eat work correctly.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i'm not sure i'm open minded enough to sleep next to someone having a big herp outbreak
    You're not the man I thought you were.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    You're not the man I thought you were.
    i'm not a man at all
    beautiful
    yeah you are

MouthDR is offline Senior Member
    I don't see the point: who eats egg shells to get calcium? Who ever has?

In any event, that is a sure fire way to dull and thrash the blade on your blender. My Blendtec - no thanks.

camel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Just remember excess calcium may be deposited in your arteries leading to calcification. There is no reason to flood your body with huge amounts of calcium. Getting enough vitamin A,D and K2 will make the calcium you do eat work correctly.
    +100!

I was just reading an article that talked about in the 80s when "they" started telling women everywhere that they need more calcium, that is when women heart disease numbers went way up. Too much calcium without the other synergistic vitamins will cause your body to put calcium in places it ought not to be. Google "K2 and calcium". Get some K2
    Last edited by camel; 11-05-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast