Thread: Detox tips? page

Kochin is offline Senior Member

Detox tips?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK, I've had a bit of a crazy, "dine-out every night" weekend (lots of family round, can't cater to them at home) and, whilst I've kept practically grain-free, had few legumes and ate largely meat and veg, I have obviously had an increase in my sugar intake (due to EVERYWHERE adding sugar recently) and I also overindulged quite a bit tonight (had sugary puddings, too).

Now, whilst the odd slip-up is acceptable, I already feel quite sick and, due to the fact I've been eating poorly over two days, would like to know if anyone has some detox tips to help cope with the sickness and lethargy I'll inevitably get the next few days.

Cheers!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Happens to all of us from time to time. Sugar just makes me fall into a comatose sleep. But wheat makes me very ill and I need to be close to a bathroom for the next few days All in all, get back to eating clean, and drink water and flush out the system. Depending how much you 'overdosed on' will affect the time it takes you to feel less bloated and well again.

Take care.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    IF if you want, drink lots of water, exercise to get rid of all that excess glycogen, and go back to what you were eating before the binge.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    IF if you want, drink lots of water, exercise to get rid of all that excess glycogen, and go back to what you were eating before the binge.
    See, I was wondering about this, because I considered IFing, but then I considered that, as I don't usually IF for over 10 hours, anything longer than usual may 'shock' my body and I don't want to mess with its system... /:

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Happens to all of us from time to time. Sugar just makes me fall into a comatose sleep. But wheat makes me very ill and I need to be close to a bathroom for the next few days All in all, get back to eating clean, and drink water and flush out the system. Depending how much you 'overdosed on' will affect the time it takes you to feel less bloated and well again.

Take care.
    Cheers.
    Sugar ALWAYS makes me lethargic and a bit sick. I don't know WHAT possessed me to have that pudding today. Must have tipped me over the edge of "bad, but manageable" into "you will feel dead for two days".