Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Why are red kidneys beans the enemy in the primal diet? page 4

  1. #31
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,427
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    So kidney beans have less toxins than a pigs ring hole, interesting.
    Prob not....try reading the Blueprint...Cordain's books, any study that tries very badly to tell you that whole grains are good for you?????
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  2. #32
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I'm sorry guys.
    Seriously, Paleobird, sbhikes, ChocoTaco, pk...
    All that you have to say can be very interesting, but it's totally irrevelant now, that my favorite MDA poster is officially Barefoot
    Gentile.
    I think his vegetarian-with the half a week dead animal flesh until it disgusts you and some turkey sandwich because it's less nasty than red meat which is gross because it's all red and bloody and stuff and natural-diet is the best take ever made on the Paleo way of eating.

    I'm sold.
    Nice try, though.
    +1 it is very entertaining in a sad kinda way.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  3. #33
    gopintos's Avatar
    gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    Think about how corn and kidney beans come out the other end-- still in tact. There's a reason they're called "corn poops". Sorry if that's TMI. Jus'sayin
    I never really thought about bean poo, but corn poo, I always thought it was because even though you chewed it before swallowing, the outer skin/shell part is somewhat intact and therefore fills up with.. umm well you know... poo.... so it appears to be intact on the other end? I know I know, that really IS tmi

    Why Does Corn Come Out Whole In My Poop?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

  4. #34
    meeshar's Avatar
    meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Southeastern TN
    Posts
    529
    Since never. I posted the link because unlike a lot of toxins that are avoided by primal/paleo eaters (but touted by CW as healthy), the toxin in kidney beans is even cautioned about by the FDA. If something is bad enough that the FDA feels the need to tell you how to cook it so it doesn't kill you, I think it's worth avoiding.

    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Ever since when do we go to FDA for information on nutrition?

  5. #35
    impala454's Avatar
    impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    235
    To the OP: You say you've been eating them for years without any troubles. Perhaps try not eating them for a while and seeing if you find improvements in some areas. Just remember to replace them with good primal foods.

    I know when I started my primal lifestyle I had so many issues clear up which I didn't even know I had, or thought was normal. Much of those issues were digestive, and it took a good while before I realized it too. The biggest thing I see with primal is people not following it and then wondering either 1. why it doesn't work, or 2. why they do ok without following it properly. Follow it properly for a good long while and see how you feel. The vegetarian approach of replacing meat with beans/soy simply won't work at all.
    -Chuck

  6. #36
    quelsen's Avatar
    quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lexington Kentucky
    Posts
    2,972
    when did our options become beans vs rotted dead carcass?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

    CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

  7. #37
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,295
    "Rotted dead carcass" is just a catch phrase to justify an eating ideology that goes against nature.

    While I'm pretty sure that because we are all different, there are people who naturally gravitate toward big piles of veggies and some who naturally gravitate toward big piles of meat, and everything in between, the OP is a flexitarian who obviously needs to justify his choices by coming here and posting anti-primal stuff.

  8. #38
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I never really thought about bean poo, but corn poo, I always thought it was because even though you chewed it before swallowing, the outer skin/shell part is somewhat intact and therefore fills up with.. umm well you know... poo.... so it appears to be intact on the other end? I know I know, that really IS tmi

    Why Does Corn Come Out Whole In My Poop?
    The article said my original point:
    "As humans, we lack the enzyme needed to break down cellulose."

    it boils down to being hard to digest
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •