Hi all,

I am interested in people's experiences with Paleo and its effect on anxiety and/or depression.
I have been on anti-depressants for years and have had recurring dpressive episodes in that time.
It all came to a head about 6 weeks ago when i was out with my wife and children. We had gone to see a play in London - great seats for a great show. I had eaten a toasted bagel and drank a large coffee on the way.
During the show I looked at other people laughng and enjoyign themselves and i decided that i could no longer take feeling so isolated. I resolved to giving this way of life a proper go for 3 months.

In the last 6 weeks i have stopped all grains and sugar ( massive previous addiction to both) , eat lots of meat, eggs and fish. I still have some tea but aim to reduce that. I walk lots and some weights - paleo exercise and aim to stat sprints soon.
I feel so much better. I feel a bit down today for the first time in 6 weeks but it is no depression - just a bit of a low mood. I actually link it to some highly toxin resin i was doing home repairs with yesterday ( avoid poisonous things!).

I am excited that in time i shall get even better, fitter and perhaps reduce my medication starting at Christmas.
I want to encourage anyone with depression or anxiety issues to give this lifestyle a real go. I am also seeking the views and experiences of others on this issue.
Pete