Thread: EvoS Summit 2012 is up and online page

Moochy is offline Senior Member

EvoS Summit 2012 is up and online

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    I wondered what Evos was.

emphasizes human-related subjects in addition to biological
    Ah, yes. There's definitely been a move over the past few years by people with a smattering of biological theory to colonize the humanities. I'd guess that's what's being hinted at here.

To be frank, I think that's going to mean a vast heap of verbiage but likely rather less light on the human condition.

This man, who is a professor of geriatric medicine, and deeply learned in these disciplines (besides knowing some philosophy) is very good on how they've been misunderstood and misused:

Aping Mankind: Neuromania, Darwinitis and the Misrepresentation of Humanity: Raymond Tallis: 9781844652730: Amazon.com: Books

A wonderful and intellectually stimulating book, probably one of the best books to be published this decade, but not light reading.

I think that resisting simplifications that will be thrust upon us in this name will be one of the challenges facing us in the years ahead.