Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you had any benefits from removing dairy? page 4

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dairy was one of the first things I eliminated when I went primal. Whenever I reintroduced it in any form I have either gotten, really bloated, like in the upper stomach, a whole lotta gas, breakouts and cramps. So the benefits are having none of them.

Legbiter is online now Senior Member
    I did it once as a whole 30 challenge. Didn't notice anything so I use quite a bit of it now. No effect either way.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Ok, I made it the first day. How long does it take to notice the benefits if you do indeed have a minor intolerance to dairy? I'm guessing atleast a week or so. And is there any other alternatives to yogurt besides coconut yogurt?
    I used to eat and drink a lot of dairy and always had congestion and and skin problems. I didn't know when I cut dairy out that it would all clear up. I guess I really noticed the difference was when I ate dairy again and not only got congested and pimples but also had other skin issues that came up because of the dairy.

I can tolerate goat's milk and cheeses and they taste sooo good too!
    Chris Kresser recently did a post about the skin/gut link that made a ton of sense to me. You should look it up if you have a chance

MouthDR is offline Senior Member
    Should have also mentioned that I get acne (on my back/shoulders) almost the day after I consume any dairy. Sucks...

Legbiter is online now Senior Member
    I removed it for 30 days as a Whole30 challenge but didn't notice anything either way. Dairy is neutral for me so I use quite a bit of it, minus milk. Cheese (real cheese), cream in various forms, yogurt, it's a nice supplement to my primal life.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I'm mildly milk/lactose intolerant. If I drink milk or eat yoghurt I get general stomach problems. When I was a teenager I had a permantly runny nose which I believe is because of dairy. If I drink lots of milk I get a runny nose all day. I seem to be able to handle cheese fine though.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    No difference.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Cutting out dairy about 6 years ago made my acne disappear. Any time I reintroduced dairy, even raw grassfed, it came right back.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    I've been drinking heavy cream in my morning coffee and I've noticed I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. Might just be a coincidence and I'm just coming down with a cold or it could be the dairy. I'm going to have to cut back as I have coffee almost everyday. I can change what I drink which will cut the dairy out and see if I notice any changes. Also, the cream is doing a number on my bowels. I can't stay out of the bathroom for at least two hours after I've finished my coffee.................Yogurt and cheese is minimal so it doesn't bother me but ice cream will still stop me up, give me gas and make me bloated so not a lot of ice cream eating.
    Health is Wealth!

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    . And is there any other alternatives to yogurt besides coconut yogurt?
    Why do you need a substitute??
    If it is for the probiotics (the only possible benefit to yoghurt and not much evidence to support that), then there are lots - sauerkraut is the first that comes to mind, kombucha, kimchi, kefir, ratfiisk, pickles and believe it or not some dark chocolat, some ciders etc etc

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast