Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you had any benefits from removing dairy? page 3

Ok, I made it the first day. How long does it take to notice the benefits if you do indeed have a minor intolerance to dairy? I'm guessing atleast a week or so. And is there any other alternatives to yogurt besides coconut yogurt?

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    It is the best thing I have ever done.

I never thought I was allergic to dairy even though my mother is.

anyway, I feel like a different person. Dairy was definitely my Kryptonite!
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    I noticed improvement in 4 days, started primal on Sunday, improvement noticed on Thursday.
    Later I remembered that vacations always improved my lungs and I guess that is because I Don't east dairy then,

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    For all of those who quit dairy, how did you make up for the loss of fat in your diet?
    Um, I don't worry about it? I'm not super hung up on my macro percentages. I use fats in cooking and eat some fattier cuts of meat, and I like coconut milk and avocado, plus eggs are a big thing for me.

I still use butter and ghee and put whey protein isolate in my smoothies, and that doesn't seem to be an issue. If I start consuming a lot of other dairy, I get bloaty and stuffy. I'm trying to mostly cut it out for this month, although I have consumed small quantities of good cheese and seem to be okay with that. But last month I fell into a festival of whole-milk lattes, greek yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, and so on, and that was not a good idea at all.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    My father always told me growing up that adults should not drink milk because milk is for babies. So I gave up drinking milk after childhood. But I still would eat cheese and other cultured milk products and ice cream. Nowadays I mostly just eat meat and veggies, use olive oil for cooking, enjoy avocados and nuts, a little butter now and then. I don't notice much difference since my consumption of dairy wasn't high before, but I have to say that I have been feeling really good lately in an unspecified way.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

I noticed my post-nasal drip issue disappeared when I stopped drinking milk. I still eat cheese, yogurt, kefir, and heavy cream, but those don't seem to bother me. Once in awhile I'll get a latte with whole milk, and I'll feel congested and gross for a few days. But, sometimes it's worth it!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had any milk in about 3 weeks (raw, pastured/organic, milk) because I had to leave town and had no access to proper milk.
    Unfortunately I'll likely have to leave town again in a couple of weeks and will wait until I'm home to resume my milk pick up.

No change at all (skin, sinuses, etc that people normally attribute to milk)... except that I miss my milk raw immensely.
    And I lost less weight than normal for me...
    Though I did still lose a couple of pounds over the three weeks I was on vacation which is out of the norm for most people I think.

I still consumed some other conventional dairy while away (was all I had access to, very small town)... butter, small amounts of cheese, and such.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I am one week dairy free as of tomorrow. No more gas, my asthma symptoms/mucous in chest have improved tenfold. I sleep better, barely have any post-nasal drip whatsoever. I'll probably still have dairy on special occasions, but am doing well enough wihtout it, that I don't miss it. I still use butter(ain't giving that up). I can actually go up steps and not feel as if I am going to die now due to not being able to breathe. I like dairy, but I love being able to breathe.
    Georgette

MouthDR is offline Senior Member
    Stopping dairy for me helped to stop my allergies, stop my psoriasis, and dry skin.

I liked yogurt and cheese, but was not an issue to give it up.

It's for your health, OP. You shouldn't have any issues stopping anything that might improve your health.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've had benefits from removing pasteurized dairy for sure. I seem to have issues with it that I only discovered since going primal. On the other hand, I tolerate RAW dairy extremely well.

That being said, the only raw dairy I eat is a bit of raw cheese from time to time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast