Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you had any benefits from removing dairy?

Shop Now
    When I used to get up in the morning I was achy and stiff and it took me a few minutes of movement to loosen up and feel better. When I quit Dairy this went away. It happened so gradually the first time I didn't notice but any time I added dairy back in, the stiffness was there.
    Another thing I noticed when I add dairy back in, is that stuffiness and mucous is increased, some times barely noticeable but it is there. As a result dairy is a rare indulgence.

I grew up on raw milk - lots of it. It was only as an adult in my lat 30 early 40's after drinking pastuerized milk for a lot of years that the stiffness started - I have not tried raw milk again - I see no benefit to milk tht I can't get elsewhere.

I quit dairy a year ago, except for butter/ghee. I feel much better without it as far as sinus congestion and any stomach issues.

When I eat dairy I get gassy and bloated and get a little acne. I try to avoid dairy 95% of the time. Sometimes I make an exception for ice cream or a fajita.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitness Wayne View Post
    When I eat dairy I get gassy and bloated and get a little acne. I try to avoid dairy 95% of the time. Sometimes I make an exception for ice cream or a fajita.
    I'm probably missing something obvious, but what is the dairy in a fajita?

Quote Originally Posted by liza View Post
    I'm probably missing something obvious, but what is the dairy in a fajita?
    I'm guessing sour cream.

Dairy (even goat, fermented, etc.) seems to cause my skin to look worse/more oily.

I have far less congestion avoiding cow's protein in dairy. I am fine with goat's and sheep's cheese and yoghurt, and cow's butter and cream. I seem to tolerate buffalo mozzarella well too, which is good, as it's damned tasty.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

I've never been a big dairy person. I tolerate it fine but cutting it out completely doesn't seem to make a difference in how I feel.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Hmm. I've been contemplating cutting out dairy to see if it helps with weight loss...but I see that it's helped someone with Meneires' which I have, and it's been worsening of late. Worth a try just for that!

For all of those who quit dairy, how did you make up for the loss of fat in your diet?
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Shop Now
    Avocados, coconut oil, eggs, meat.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."