Thread: Hello from a newbie page

marilyn2b is offline Junior Member

Smile Hello from a newbie

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone,

I have been visiting MDA for several months now and I've decided to "go paleo." I ordered The Primal Blueprint, the cookbook and the 30 minute meal book today and I'm excited about changing my life and getting healthier.

I considered "worst case scenario" as a user name but decided it was too negative, though it seems to fit me right now. I am an overweight insulin-dependent diabetic with hypertension and heart disease. I have never taken very good care of myself, eating unhealthy foods and being very sedentary the past few years. That is soon to change.

My biggest concern is my sugar addiction. I believe I am addicted to sugar like heroin addicts are addicted to heroin. I take one bite of something with sugar and the sugar craving monster roars to life and I can think of nothing else until I get more, more, more of that sugar.

I think going cold turkey is probably the best approach. I would appreciate any tips or advice from anyone who has faced this problem.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Marilyn. I'm sure you will notice dramatic improvements in your health and wellbeing within a very short time, especially if you opt to go "cold turkey" regarding sugar and all the processed products, grains and legumes.

So many problems can be resolved simply by removing these problem items from your diet. I also find that by eating plenty of meat and vegetables, eggs and pure fats such as butter, the body gets the proper nutrition it needs and the unhealthy cravings diminish until they disappear.

Best wishes for your journey into this way of life and eating.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I think you need to go cold turkey. You just need to fight your way through it. And do what Annieh suggests. Good luck.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

marilyn2b is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your replies and encouragement. The more I read here, the more my confidence grows. I can do this!