Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG I just destroyed some cookies!!! page 2

patski is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm very well aware meat served at an educational institution is shit. I know because I went to college. Gasp.

You didn't answer my original question: why can't you buy your own food?

Mustard is fine, but mayo? No. Not unless you make your own from scratch with olive oil/avocado oil/bacon fat.

Buy yourself a crock pot. Buy a large cheap cut of roast, beef or pork. Add onions, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and chuck that bad boy in there for 6 - 8 hours. 10 if you feel like it. You'll have meat for days.

Eat eggs if you tolerate them. They take only a few minutes to fry along with some bacon. Add in some spinach in the pan, salt and pepper, and you have an awesome meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Do they allow kitchen appliances in dorm rooms? Mine did not. Also most college students are chronically broke. At least I was. tuna, soup, and pasta were my mainstays for 7 years. Couldn't look at any of them for a long time after graduating.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't allowed kitchen appliances as a first year student, so eating healthily was a big challenge.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    lol I can't do that because

1) I like this girl
    2) If I was having sex with a person, and found out they were having sex with other people, I'd be disgusted

Jus think about it, all the stuff that could be going around

I guess i'm either

1) a pussy

or

2) a "good" guy
    Your fine....just fooling around.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If I were you, I wouldn't let perfect be the enemy of good enough. Don't they have ordinary food in the dorm cafeteria? I've never lived in the res halls, but I did have a job with a meal plan in the res halls once and they usually had a hot meal available like some fish or chicken, steamed veggies and potatoes. There were usually several hot basics to choose from. There was a large salad bar. It really does not matter if the meat they have is top quality. It is still better than pizza and fried chicken nuggets. Or are you saying they only serve chicken nuggets and crap like that and never serve meat and vegetables, never serve scrambled eggs and sausage?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Also, do take a break and be social, it's good for you

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Whole milk for cheap protein. Butter for VERY cheap calories and healthy fat, it also keeps me full when I eat a goodamount Just eat as much good meat as you can afford. Cook it medium with some paprika and pepper and you're good.
    O yeah, butter makes anything taste good
    Last edited by Gadsie; 11-04-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    Billie trips balls

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    lol I can't do that because

1) I like this girl
    2) If I was having sex with a person, and found out they were having sex with other people, I'd be disgusted

Jus think about it, all the stuff that could be going around

I guess i'm either

1) a pussy

or

2) a "good" guy
    Never apologise for being a decent guy.

add avocados, canned tuna or salmon, eggs

There is a college crowd on here that can help out, but try a thread with a title making that audience clear, like College Food...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    That sucks.

Where are you located? Because maybe you need to get off campus for a meal on occasion. If you are in the South, meet the GF at the nearest BBQ place, devour a pile of pull pork and then go F in your car for a while.

If not, go get a crock pot and toss a pork butt or shoulder in it for about 12 hours. Shred. Eat pork.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    So what! Live life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12