Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Foods that inevitably make you to overeat? page 6

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Didn't see this till now....in the 2000-2500 zone. I'm male 5'9" 160lbs.
    Well that makes me feel pretty guilty. Lol.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Re: addictive properties of nuts/nut butters - I believe that the inflammatory effects of O6 and mycotoxins are important factors. Both elevate heart rate shortly after consumption. I used to eat a lot of nut butters but ditched them about 5 years ago as I found them stupidly addictive. Now I only eat nuts very occasionally (a few times a year) when I eat out.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Neckhammer
    Didn't see this till now....in the 2000-2500 zone. I'm male 5'9" 160lbs.
    Well that makes me feel pretty guilty. Lol.
    I'm 5'9" but always float between 170 and 180, on slightly more calories - but my body fat tends to stay low! It seems like I have more control oover my body composition than I do my weight. Neckhammer, if you eat even more than that do you gain more lean muscle or just overall mass?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Grain products. Doughnuts, brownies, cake, if I eat one piece I will eat more. So I never buy these things for myself and I am not in situations where I have access to them.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Re: addictive properties of nuts/nut butters - I believe that the inflammatory effects of O6 and mycotoxins are important factors. Both elevate heart rate shortly after consumption. I used to eat a lot of nut butters but ditched them about 5 years ago as I found them stupidly addictive. Now I only eat nuts very occasionally (a few times a year) when I eat out.
    Yeah, I'm beginning to think the mycotoxins more so than anything else makes them addictive. If I ate flaked coconut, I'd be effing full after 600 calories, but I can definitely keep going after that many calories in nuts.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'm 5'9" but always float between 170 and 180, on slightly more calories - but my body fat tends to stay low! It seems like I have more control oover my body composition than I do my weight. Neckhammer, if you eat even more than that do you gain more lean muscle or just overall mass?
    Good question, I actually got down to 150lbs then attempted to do a "bulk". I put on about 15lbs over the course of 9 months or so. I know I increased lean mass, but cant deny that there was some fat with it.....so I went back to just eating normal (i.e. 2x rather than 3x/day and not downing a bunch of raw milk). Dropped 5 lbs pretty easy and I'm fairly content at 160lbs. So I guess the short answer would be I gained MASS not just lean mass.

fuzzylogic is offline Senior Member
    Brie. I will eat exactly as much as I buy, within a day or two at most. It is ridiculous.

TJ's now sells mini brie bites, and I take them to work. One is just enough.

La Carnera is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
    Brie.
    Hell... YES: me too.

sunsis is offline Member
    cheese. particularly this one awesome type of crafted soft cheese i bought at the farmers markets that has chunks of apricot through it and is rolled in crushed almonds. i dont think i should buy it tomorrow morning.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsis View Post
    cheese. particularly this one awesome type of crafted soft cheese i bought at the farmers markets that has chunks of apricot through it and is rolled in crushed almonds. i dont think i should buy it tomorrow morning.
    Yum! I bet you did buy it, because life's too short!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast